Help ! Futaba S3003 Servo problems

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Help ! Futaba S3003 Servo problems

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      kevsta
      Participant

I m running this servo in my mini cooper and it s not centering properly. I turn it left and right with no problems, some times it can straighten up but other times it will be slightly off. I don t think it s my radio trim settings.

There is no binding in the steering arms and linkages etc. I ve opened it up to check the teeth in the gears and all is fine.

Is it time to get another servo ? This servo has only had about 5 runs on it.

Thanks.

TallduDe
      Participant

try another servo dude, if the problems does not occur again its the servo but if it happens again could be the radio or the receiver?

cant hurt to try aye

betty.k
      Participant

sounds obvious but are you certain it’s the servo? check all the steering linkages to be sure. i’ve had one that i got second hand and i use it in my rs4 mt without a prob:8ball:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      sounds obvious but are you certain it’s the servo? check all the steering linkages to be sure. i’ve had one that i got second hand and i use it in my rs4 mt without a prob:8ball:

Yeah checked all my steering links and the servo saver for any damage, but all is okay – nothing broken.

It’s like the servo doesn’t have enough strength to recenter properly within 5mm of the correct centre, and thats after turning left only.

I’ll do what TD suggest and move my touring car s3003 servo to the mini to see what happens…

merc-blue
      Participant

talldude the main reason people use s3003s is so when they go (sounds like urs has) u go buy a new one.. cause there cheap its a good way to do it.. i go through 1 a month ive bitten the bullet and got a topline hitec on the way
      minis kill servos pretty easy so i think it might be gone.. try opening it up sounds like the tooth of teh big gear is gone right in the middle.. sit the car on the ground and dry steer it try to listen for any clicking..

mini-g
      Participant

yeah sounds like you have done a gear in the servo…. but they only break if you hit something hard:dead: otherwise they work well. have had one in my mini for years now.

BIG DAVE

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah sounds like you have done a gear in the servo…. but they only break if you hit something hard:dead: otherwise they work well. have had one in my mini for years now.

BIG DAVE

Just got one priced at the lhs for $22.95, so I’ll just get a new one.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

😀

PandaBear
      Participant

You can buy a new set of S3003 gears for < $5… 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah panda ur one of them fellows who swears by s3003s.. lol.

Admin
      Participant

I had smoke coming out of my s3003, is there anyway of repairing it? Also wheres a cheap place to buy new ones?

PandaBear
      Participant

Not worthwhile repairing unless you’ve got another S3003 with a broken
      motor/case/gears… then you’d just swapover the electronics board.

Any LHS should stock them for say $15-20.

And don’t throw away the old one – useful as spares for the gears, motor, case etc.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.