Help in Starting the MicroRC Hobby

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi everyone, ive been reading these forums and have become interested in this little machines. I currently have a Bit Char-G (Silver Ferrari) and also a Super Slick from Toys’r’us. Im now looking into getting to get something faster, funner and more customizable Micro RC. Im not wanting to spend a whole load of cash, but i dont mind spending what io have to to get a reasonable RC.

Ive looked at the XMod’s and also the Mini-Z. What would you guys reccomend for an entertaining, good looking modifiable RC. Also, im still not all that cluey where to get all this stuff, but i have been looking at RcMart and the Ausmicro Store. Any help, comments would be greatly appreciated, thx heaps, talk soon!

dgs73
      Participant

Welcome provoked!! Char-gs are where alot of us started… fun little machines (especially modded), as are the Super slicks. xmods can be a little hard to come by over here unless ebay is an option for you (even then, mine took about two months to get here…), whereas the Mini Z can be sourced about anywhere (i’ve got a brand new Taisan Plus E Porsche Mini Z for sale if interested… 150aud…), hop-ups are easier to get too. Both Xmod and MiniZ are highly moddable, but the Mini Z gets my vote hands down.(go look in my gallery (link under this post; you’ll see what I mean!!), you’ll find the choice I made…) Depends how far you want to go modding these things… i’ve managed to part with about $2000 (no s**t!!!) on Zs alone (there is 5 in my collection, however…), and i dont believe it’ll end there. You can go all out, or just mildly hop-up, it’s up to the owner. You in Sydney? We also have a Mini Z race meet (and there’s one the Melbourne guys go to, too), with a track, and about 6 – 8 cars running at one time… quite a cool way to kill a Sunday arvo. Anyway, nattered on enough…

Admin
      Participant

Hmm, Mini-Zs are starting to look the way to go. Hop-ups are Mods yes? Ive actually seen ur gallery before, i luv it! How quick can these things get, and how much am i looking at spending on a single Mini-Z, to get it pretty quick?
      Thanks heaps for the reply!

Admin
      Participant

Ohh, and btw. Im in Melbourne, are there places to actually foind these Mini-Z’s, or are they only online? Also, which type of the Mini-Z are the best, the MR-02?

betty.k
      Participant

hearns hobbies in flinders st city stock mini z’s (mr01, mr02, overland, madforce)
      if you want the street version then get a mr02.
      but if you’re not able to find a smooth surface you might want to look into an overland or mad force:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

hey provokaed i have a whole bunch of motors batters bodies etc for sale. CHEAP that will help u get well into ur modding careae

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Hmm, Mini-Zs are starting to look the way to go. Hop-ups are Mods yes? Ive actually seen ur gallery before, i luv it! How quick can these things get, and how much am i looking at spending on a single Mini-Z, to get it pretty quick?
      Thanks heaps for the reply!

its up to what you want to do, and how fast you want to go… bearings, ball diff and carbon h plates are a must, an x speed wont do any harm either. Add a 10 tooth pinion to that and you’ve got a 30kph Z in your control… speeds beyond that need tampering with the electronics. mr-02s are’nt bad, but hop-ups can be a bit pricier, like the ’02 itself. Have’nt really run my ’02 since i got it (about 6 months ago…:shock:) So, to answer your question, about 250 all up, with bearings and the other stuff i mentioned up top. Merc; badgerbadgerbadgerMUSHROOM!!! (i take it you know i’m refering to your avatar…:smiley16:)

Edited by – dgs73 on 14 January 2005 09:18:29

z-beam
      Participant

whats this about badgers and mushrooms?:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

mini z’s are cool, but if you want cheap and nasty iwaver is king!

or you could wait on these forums for some cheap used rc mini z stuff, some damn good deals up for grabs on this site sometimes!

but mini z’s iwaver or kyosho are really cool. ezy to mod (unless you do electronic side of things) and look cool with the wide range of bodies, some even come blank so you can paint your own style.

but be warned its addictive LOL

kevsta
      Participant

Yes mini-z’s are great when you’ve got that rc bug and want to play at home…

And yes it’s addictive, just check out my photo gallery and see all the gear that I’ve got.:)

ph2t
      Participant

provoked , I suggest you come along to our next meet mate down in templestowe, I’m sure there will be another one soon. Whilst our meets aren’t as often as the Sydney fellas, we still do manage to burn some rubber no and then, lol….

Here’s a link to a meet we had just before christmas.

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2870&FORUM_ID=12&CAT_ID=4&Topic_Title=new+pics+and+video+from+the+templestowe+meet%21%21%21&Forum_Title=Mini%2DZ%2C+Mini%2DX%2C+X%2DMods+%2D+Discussion

cheers,

ph2t.

peteWah
      Participant

provoked,
      Go to the Melbourne meet Man,:p:approve::smiley2::D:)

These guys will help you in Anything mini z, Iwaver, Xmod,
      You name it,
      (A Sydney Person Talking)> <<<
      These guys know it…:):smiley2:
      Although we may hang in bigger numbers and more often, Our Tech heads are far and few between, Insence of the real hard nut stuff Anyway.

Go mini z Dude, But See how you go on the day and ask Q’s:smiley2::smiley2:.

Hope you injoy The scale as much as us all…:D:question:

:p:approve::smiley2::D:):smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:

z-beam; go to weebls stuff.com and you’ll see… lol

betty.k
      Participant

hey provoked, i’ll warm up the porsche xmod for ya when we meet next:smiley2::8ball:

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

z-beam; go to weebls stuff.com and you’ll see… lol

You mean> http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/21/

:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

Shit its a snake…

dgs73
      Participant

no. 21 is just the song i sent you… there’s about 50 more than that… look for the badgers taking over football (it’s Pom site so they mean soccer…), and an alternate L.O.T.R. trailer featuring… you guessed it…
      badgers rule!!!

peteWah
      Participant

Yes, and #21 is a song about badgers and mushrooms,
      What was z-beam asking again !!!

:8ball::dead::smiley2::question:

Back to topic now :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

now i understand… :approve:

novin
      Participant

fuck pete, you use too many emoticons

novin

dgs73
      Participant

it’s due to his inability to express emotions any other way… hey! How’d I get caught up in this?

novin
      Participant

/shrug, a parrot tole you to type?
      if i was a pirate, i’d want a parrot

novin

peteWah
      Participant

Wtf is going on, Stop it now or i will turn into a bomb:evil:

And i wont stop:angry:

Be nice:smiley2:

novin
      Participant

what kind of a bomb would you be?
      i imagine you to be a bit of a hydrogen bomb, able to cause a bit of damage, but not devastating enough to cause real concern…
      /smile, least you’re up from an ant~

novin

p.s. woot, 50th post, yay me – a 1star poster~

Edited by – novin on 20 January 2005 12:12:44

peteWah
      Participant

Whatever, Just shut up and stop giving me shit…

You hardcore motherfucker 1star poster, congrats, it took you long enougth:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

play nice children… and he says it’s all in good fun… needing a sense of humour implant? Stu; you da first to see my new toy!!!!!!!! See ya tonight

novin
      Participant

stop giving you what?
      bah, im only messing peteWah laf, chill little bill~

yea, i don’t have time to sit here like you and obtain devil sign posts $$ ref: 666 posts for j00

novin

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.