HELP! my controls are possessed!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

HI, I’ve only had my car a week or so, but recently it has been acting a bit wierd. I think that the IC board is fried. Here are the symptoms:

Currenly the controller’s forwards/reverse buttons don’t work. The left and right buttons make the car move forwards and turn in the correct direction at the same time.

I opened up the car andnothing seems to be shorted out – does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?

Thanks!

GT-ahh
      Participant

I need an old priest and a young priest… THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU…..

sorry.. um yeah have you tried it with another controller..that’ll let you know if its the car or the tx

Admin
      Participant

hehe

Yeah, I’m thinking that I’ll have to find another controller to see if the problem is with the car or transmitter. I did just take apart the car and short out some of the terminals – I got the car to move in all directions. SO, it’s electrical, either with the car or controller

thanks!

Admin
      Participant

is the motor moving ?? maybe the connection to the motor from the pcb board has come undone ?

Admin
      Participant

Yup, the motor turns and the steering works. I took off the cover to expose the pcb board and then took a paper clip to connect the L,R,F and B terminals to the GND terminal (individually). Each function of the car works – it’s just when I try to run the car normally (with the controller)that I have problems. When I hit the forward and reverse buttons, nothing happens. When I hit either the left or right buttons, the car just turns left and goes foreward.

t00l
      Participant

refund it?

Admin
      Participant

hehe – I wish I could. It was a christmas gift (without recipt).

I’m thinking about getting another one – anyone know which brand is best? Has anyone else had to pitch a bad car – why?

Admin
      Participant

TOMY bit char-G, Hbooico Microsizers and Tomy Compact Char_g are the brands to look for, they are the exact same thing but with different packaging pretty much

GT-ahh
      Participant

buy another one of the same brand then return your old one with the new reciept + packaging…

Admin
      Participant

LOL @ Gt-ahh, berry beryy sneaky sir

Admin
      Participant

hehe – wish that I could say that I hadn’t thought about that myself 08^] … of course I’d be sure to keep the fastest motor

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.