HELP!! My silver S2000 Range is crap!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      leadhead2001
      Participant

Do you guys know how to increase my range? it only gos about 2 metres

Admin
      Participant

did you try looking for a cripple capacitator? and removing it?

Admin
      Participant

Hey, I had the same problem with my silver S2000 (27mhz) as you, I bought it at K-mart (I don’t know about you, but the timing’s right so I assume so too) and the range sucked, but it wasn’t as bad as 2 metres. I tried looking for the cripple capacitor, not there, so I tried the better and longer antenna mod, but that didn’t moticeablly increase my range. As well as this problem, the car also had big problems reversing, so I decided to exchange it and when I got my yellow (40mhz) S2000 it was sweet.

Now I’m by no means saying that all silver S2000’s are hopeless while the yellow ones are great, but this is just my experience which I thought you might find useful.

But before you cry foul and return your car, try putting a brand new pair of high quality (I use energizer now and my range is as far as 9 metres)alkaline batteries and see if that helps.

Hope it works out.

leadhead2001
      Participant

It was bought from Kmart soI tried to return it, but i couldent find any anywhere. however, my freind has a 40mhz and it goes about 7 metres. Anyway, I tried the POTS Mod and it boosted up to 6 metres!!

Does anyone else have this problem with Australian Char-G’s?

Admin
      Participant

yeah – my second GTR had serious range problems.. got the yellow s-2000 upon wille’s recommendation and it rocks!

returned the second nissan today @ brunswick K-mart. JNH are gonna be annoyed with the large number of returns.. V. happy with my s-2000, but want a 1.0 motor so i can race, not just drag/do stunts.

prob. get a sale pack from toyeast – their prices seem ok. and you get a 1.0 and 3.0 motor!

O.

Admin
      Participant

This is quite strange and I thinks it’s pure coincidence because both the yellow S2000s and the blue Skyline GTRs are 40 mhz – so it’d be easier for the manufacturers to make everything completely identical and then add the different chasis and packaging them seperately later. This would mean that both the types of cars *should* be identical in respects to performance and relibility.

Just a thought that I’d like to share…

Admin
      Participant

well i have a yellow S2000 and its sweet nuthin wrong at all my friend has a white GT-R and he hasnt any range probs either.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.