help needed,lighted zipzap body to bit clone pcb

Home Forums Bit Char-G, Digi-Q and other Micros Bit CharG and Micro Radio Controlled – Technical help needed,lighted zipzap body to bit clone pcb

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      rashumble7
      Participant

Greetings: modheads & modets i am a newbie, i was hoping i could get some insight on how to wire my lighted zipzap body to my modified panther pcb.In a way that it would be fully fuctional such as head lights light up when moving forward and brake lights light up when in reverse.i would sure like to set it up in a way where the little chip in the ZZs body a can be utilized.

i am honored to be modding with you guys any help would be well appreciated.

here is a pic of the ZZ body showing the chip.

and the panther pcb, please excuse the poor pic quality my dcam sucks.

Thanks a bunch guys
      RASHUMBLE7

merc-blue
      Participant

hey welcome to the forums.. it should be bassic to do all you have to do is identify what wire does what then attach the correct wire to the correct spot.. the wires im guessing are Vcc, front, back, gnd all you have to do is identify which is which and put the Vcc to the + the front to fwd and back to reverse and gnd to -. they could be in different setups but i dont know

rashumble7
      Participant

:approve:Thanks alot merc-blue, i’m delighted to be here.When you say vcc, i’m not shure of the meaning. but i assume the v would mean voltage.I was hoping that someone would know the exact function of each of these four wires on the zz body so i could have a clean connection, by leaving the male connector just the way it is on the zz body. and then just purchase the female connector and wire it where it needs to go. That way i can detach the body easily as needed. Let me know if that sounds too far-fetched, if it is then i guess i will have to cut the connector and see where these wires go:sad:

THANKS AGAIN :smiley16:
      RASHUMBLE7

merc-blue
      Participant

nah by vcc i mean positive.. nah it should be easyly do able i could tell you exactly if i had the ZZ shell… just wait for some one like betty.k or microamps who has a zz and could tell you

betty.k
      Participant

i will look into this, i’m gonna have a spare zz lightset soon and the connectors are the same as the xmod. different functions though, i plugged the zzse lights into the xmod but they didn’t work. but i’m sure they can be made to work.

EDIT

ok, just yoinked the lights outta a zzse body. and those nice people at rs labelled the wires for us!:D

brown = vcc (positive)
      red = ground (negative)
      orange = bl (back lights?)
      yellow = fl (front lights?)

here’s what i’d try next. connect vcc and gnd to the + and – respectively, either on the pcb or straight onto the battery. then connect the “fl” wire to the motor terminal marked “f” or the positive looking one, and the “bl” wire to the motor terminal marked “b” or the negative looking one. let us know how it goes:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 15 August 2004 14:57:11

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

1st problem: The ZZ SE runs on 2.4v, the LEDs need at least this to strike, but can run on upto 3.6v. The BCG clone has a single cell, aka 1.2v, which WILL NOT RUN AN LED. Unless you get a dc-dc convertor, or convert the chassis to dual cell, you cannot do it.

Also, i think the PCB on the ZZ SE has some sort of driver for the LED’s, which the BCG clone doesn’t have.

merc-blue
      Participant

hmm yeh good thinking the driver is no problem thats whats in the pcb on the roof. the problem is the voltage.. wihout dual cell it wont run.. unless you put in a dc-dc converter as jamie said

rashumble7
      Participant

merc-blue thanks for the reference and insight on the use of the driver in the zz pcb. betty.k thanks for sacrificing your zzse body and hooking me up with the wiring config, good looking out. jamiekulhanek thanks for the insight
      i think i’ll dual cell that bad boy before attempting this.

I cant begin to thank you guys enough:approve::D
      Thanks a bunch
      RASHUMBLE7

Edited by – rashumble7 on 15 August 2004 17:31:30

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dual cells are tricky the first time you do it, if you search around you can find info/pictures on how to do it.

Also, you will get an increase in power of about 400% with a dual cell mod…

z-beam
      Participant

nice kokopeli avatar, and welcome!

rashumble7
      Participant

Thanks again for all the help and insight you guys have given me. I’ve been to alot of rc forums and so far ausmicro shows the most welcome and love to a newcomer, without all the egos.That is why i think i will reveal the first look, at another mod i’m working on. The worlds first bit audi le mans quattro, when its complete.
      jamiekulhanek
      Thanks, i’ll definately browse the site to see the best procedure for dual celling.
      z-beam
      Thanks for the avatar compliment, delighted to be here.

Here is a pic of the real audi le mans quattro

Edited by – rashumble7 on 16 August 2004 09:41:02

Edited by – rashumble7 on 16 August 2004 09:49:27

Admin
      Participant

hey my kid bro jus took my mini r/c car apart n i dont know which wire goes where…….im a rookie!!!!!!help!!!!!….need ur help….guys o gals……..pls help….

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.