HELP! User Error

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Yes, I admit it. I screwed up one of my Bit Char-G cosmetic makeovers. I painted the wheels on my RX-7 black, and managed to gunk up the front wheels so they don’t turn so well anymore. I’ve got some ideas on how to fix this, but they’re just short of using my Universal Tool (rubber mallet). Anyone have any ideas? Furthermore, anyone know how to remove the front wheels? It’s something I’ve never really given much thought.

In other news, I’m hard at work on doing the rally decals for the WRX. Any interest in making them available for download when I’m done?

Admin
      Participant

first you open up the car

then take the clear shell off

then unscrew the little tiny gold screw. then pull that front black top off the front of the car

then take the v shaped bar that holds the magnet out

then you can take off each wheel.

I did the same thing painting my lancer wheels black and i did this to get it off. I went and got brush cleaner and dipped the rims into their and wiggled them around in there for a few seconds and then wiped it off. Hope this helps! Dave

Admin
      Participant

“Helps”? It’s a life-saver. Thanks!

Admin
      Participant

Zero – major bummer about the wheels. That seriously sucks. But all is not lost – YET. What did you use to “paint” the front wheels with? Enamel paint? A black marker? Solution will depend on what sort of base (eg ketone, xylene etc) the stuff is made of.

Oh yeah – the rex decals – would be EXCELLENT if they were available from your site for download and instructions on the right material to print on!

Derek

Admin
      Participant

David – UPDATE: It’s fixed. Thanks again!

Derek – it was a black paint marker. Can’t see how I went wrong, can you?

It’ll probably be a few days yet on the decals, I’m doing a lot of pixel-by-pixel work to get them looking just right. Any file format suggestions? And here’s an I’m-totally-ignorant-about-Australia-question: do you use standard 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper down there? I’m just trying to figure out the best way to get the sizes “universalized”.

Admin
      Participant

no problem anytime man always like to help a bit charger in need of assistance. Take care, Dave

Admin
      Participant

how would u get the wrx decals from puter format to “decal” form

ryan

Admin
      Participant

ZeroBXU

We use “A4″ paper, which is 210mm x 297mm (8.27″ x 11.70”). But if you compose to US-Letter, we’ll be fine with that, too!

Glad to hear you got the car up and running again – David was WAY to quick for me with a simple fix! I was going to delve into the world of solvents etc. Hehehehe

Derek

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.