Help with Car

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

My son just bought a Nitro TC3 car. It ran at first; now it won t stay running. He ll get it started, then it quits. He read the trouble-shooting guide- and thinks air bubbles are getting in the fuel line. If this is his problem, how does he solve it? If it could be something else, please let me know. Please send info to my email at ValWelCol@aol.com. THANK YOU!!! VAL

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hi Val,
      these can be tricky to set up, the problem is most likely in the fuel delivery somewhere.
      If it slows down, sputtering and stops, its too rich. Wind the fuel needle valve in 1/4 of a turn and try again. Repeat until it improves.
      OR,
      If it revs high and then dies (and probably has trouble re-starting too) its too lean, try turning the needle valve out 1/4 turn and try again.
      Also check the end stop on the throttle, it maybe closing off too far, causing the motor to stop.

This is just my 2 cents worth, my nitro car days are ancient history, any one with more recent nitro car experience, feel free to add thoughts.
      :)uA

PandaBear
      Participant

If any nitro car doesn’t idle, check these:

1) is the glow plug any good? Put a new one in.

2) if the fuel stale? Try some fresh fuel; nitro
      fuel has a shelflife, don’t keep it for more than
      a few mths. If the bottle is left open to air,
      the fuel will pickup moisture and go stale faster.

3) check fuel lines… if there’s lots of air
      bubbles, it could be a pinhole somewhere.
      Replace all fuel lines with new tubing.
      Check the fuel filter is not clogged.

4) engine compression still good?
      Is there pressure/vacuum leakage from any of
      the joins? (head, carb, backplate)

5) air filter clogged?

VR-4
      Participant

needle setting should be 2 1/2 turns from closed on the high speed. also it may be the idle needle the card should be about 1mm open for idle or it could just be the eng is clod when you start it give it a few revs ta let it warm up.

when i brake in a new eng. i like to leave the glow plug igniter on it why i brake it in so the plug is nice and hot.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.