While waiting for new Spider and Bug, I ordered 30 of Aaron’s new SP8M4 FETs. Started with a 2×2 stack in a Gen1 Xmod. Max speed only increased a couple of KPH on the dyno, but on the track the car had much better acceleration throughout the powerband. Its pushing a PN Speedy 05BB which now feels like a Saber or Xeric. So I’m pretty happy!
What to do next? I have several Gen1s as well as some Mini-Z MR02s and an AWD. Not sure which cars will benefit the most with these FETs. Also not sure what the ideal stack size is for these cars. I know the more the better, but I won’t be running insane motors, primarily “stock” motors and occassionally some Atomic Z2s, T2s, PN Animas, Xerics, Sabers, etc.
If it were mine I keep the Spider or Bug for the Gen1 because you can not put more then two fets on the board because any more you will keep ripping then off. I know because I try a stack of three no my Gen1. The next thing it is a lot of work making a Spider look good on a MiniZ. Both of my MiniZ have SP8M4 in a stack of three. I run every motor you have in your list of motors with no problem. Do not get me wrong on another forum I saw a person do a great install on a MiniZ. He did a great job and he must have been a master person on soldering and the lay out work. I have installed a lot of Spider on Gen1 and EVO and I can get them to look OK.
Thanks for the advice. So far I have done a 2×2 and a 2×3 stack on Gen1 Xmods and I love the results! I don’t even need to use a “hot” motor because the stock motors really come alive with these FETs and are plenty fast. Think the 30 SP8M4s I bought may not be enough!