Hi from Canary island ;p

Home Forums General Chat Hi from Canary island ;p

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      zeben
      Participant

Hi my name is zeben, I?m from Canary island and I have some questions.

All micro rc is the same? q steer, zip zaps, bit char-g? The car body can used in all model?

I bought a takara tomy buggy, but now I want to try with car, yesterday I bougt this zip zaps pack
      http://cgi.ebay.es/600-7532-NEW-ZIP-ZAPS-SUPER-STREET-TUNER-UPGRADE-KIT_W0QQitemZ200367637926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea6d785a6&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

but I can?t find a zip zaps completed car to use it. Bit char-g is compatible whit this?

I hope that you can help me.

Thanks for your atention and sorry for my bad english ;p

z-beam
      Participant

no worries on the language barrier!

nope most micro r/c’s are different except microsizers and bit char-g’s were american/japanese versions.

i think all the zip zaps, bits, microsizers, choro-q rc and clones are all out of production. if you get them they are vintage.

tomy q-steer and the tomy buggies are the only ones being made at the moment. these will phase out when the new q-steer models are released soon. the new ones were shown at the recent japan toy show and look like a nice product.

zip zaps are a bit longer than bit charge. slightly less deformed body style if i remember right. you might be able to adapt the bodies to fit the buggy yo allready have.

q-steer are very deformed and short length, bits are medium and zip zaps are the less deformed of the three.

zeben
      Participant

Out of production? :gatlin:

Must I look in ebay? Any rc shop that have some zip zaps? (for use with the initial d pack that I bought)

One new question, if I use one zip zaps car an other person use bit char-g, q steer or other micro car, will be any interference?

I don?t know about this mcro car, and I want to buy 2 or 3 cars for me and my friends. Who is yor recomendattion?

Thanks for your atention

vroomvroom55
      Participant

There wont be any interference as long as they ar all using different frequencies or channels. And if you want a good cheap car, buy a 1/28th. I prefer xmods over mini-zs because mini-zs cost too much for the car itself, $150+. Xmods are pretty cheap, if you go to radio shack they cost 30-50 dollars, or go online and buy them. The other 1/28ths are not bad, but i don’t like them, mainly because they are barely any worth while parts for them and they don’t have nearly as much handling or nearly as much speed as a xmod or mini-z does. If you want the best of the best, go buy some mini-zs, they are ***like, they have they best in everything, speed, weight, handling, upgrades, and availability, all hobby shops carry them. If you want good and affordable, buy a xmod.

z-beam
      Participant

were talking about micro scale i think (smaller than 1/28th).

i agree mini-z’s are *** like (really good) but the price is pretty high. especially if you plan on buying enough for freinds to race with. a car is only as good as the track its used on.
      buying a mini-z scale track that is quality can be expensive as well.

zeben, tomy q-steers are my recomendation. they wont be overpriced like any of the older stuff and perform well. you coulod pick up 4 of them for the price of one mini-z.

if you have lots of money to spend a mini-z is definatly an experience i recomend. it is a much larger car (about 4 times the size of a micro rc).

out of production means it is no longer made. its over, finished. more of a collectable than a functioning car.

vroomvroom55
      Participant

Yeah true, but in my opinion, getting those tiny cars are not really worth it unless you are just screwing around. If you want to actually drive them, get a 1/28th or bigger, i like the 1/28ths a lot, but the 1/16ths are really fun too, and if you look around a little, you can find them for really cheap.

z-beam
      Participant

i dont think there are radio shacks in the canary islands. hell here arnt any radio shacks in australia either, or anywhere else than america as far as i know. ebay is the only place to find xmods stuff for us.

i wouldnt be so quick to write off micro scale racing, this is a micro forum for starters.
      unless you have a lot of open space, and a decent track set up thers no point to getting anything faster. you need freinds to race against, and unless your just “mucking about” all the cars being raced have to be set up identicly (the same) otherwise its not a race at all.
      more like an oppurtunity to show off.

ive had far more fun with 4 micro cars and a table (with 3 other freinds) than i could driving really fast in a carpark with my beefed up mini-z’s. taking the overland on a walk is pretty fun however, especially on the beach.

zeben
      Participant

thanks, I have a firelap 2.0, it?s a clone pf mini-z 02, but I want buy some micro car and built a track. I use only for play with friend some weekend.
      Zip zaps are more real han q steer, no? I see in ebay a lot of body kits and replacement. Are these avaliable for q steer? And the most important I only see forums and pages with lots of mods to do with zip zaps, for q steer nothing. I like mod my car, is the funnyest for me.

If i buy a q steer finaly, Can I do some mod to used the initial-D body kit that I bought for zip zaps or it is imposible?

I have lots of question, I know 😀 but i hope that you can help me :beer:

Thnaks for your help and sorry for my bad english, again 😉

blurrc
      Participant

Hey zeben,

I own a Bit Char G, Zip Zap, and 2 Q-steers. As far as I am conserned, the Q-steers are my definate favourite, they are quick with quite a bit of torque as well as great range. If you are looking for a car to race with your friends I think the Q-steer is the best choice by far.

z-beam
      Participant

you might be able to use the gears in your upgrade set. ive never seen an upgrade kit for zip zaps, but a q steer is much smaller so it would be hard to do.

there arnt many mods fo the q steer because the perform like they have been modded out of the box. using faster gears from other cars and the fast orange q-steer motor you can make an undrivable car it goes to fast.

have a look at my modded bodies i have built. there are many to choose from and with a little practice it is easy to make from a choro-q pullback.

kocoliso
      Participant

@zeben 230467 wrote:

All micro rc is the same? q steer, zip zaps, bit char-g? The car body can used in all model?

I bought a takara tomy buggy, but now I want to try with car, yesterday I bougt this zip zaps pack
      http://cgi.ebay.es/600-7532-NEW-ZIP-ZAPS-SUPER-STREET-TUNER-UPGRADE-KIT_W0QQitemZ200367637926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea6d785a6&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

but I can?t find a zip zaps completed car to use it. Bit char-g is compatible whit this?

Hello! I am also from the Canary Islands:-D It’s amazing we have found us at this fantastic forum from Australia, across the world. Three days ago I expressed interest in the world of RC, and I bought a Qsteer Buggy which I hope it arrives in about two weeks. On which island do you live?

kocoliso
      Participant

@zeben 230467 wrote:

Hello! I am also from the Canary Islands:D It’s amazing we have found us at this fantastic forum from Australia, across the world. Three days ago I expressed interest in the world of RC, and I bought a Qsteer Buggy which I hope it arrives in about two weeks. On which island do you live?

zeben
      Participant

I?am fron tenerife, my micro buggy arrive this week, so I don?t use yet :gatlin:
      Where do you from?

epoxy
      Participant

you two should order stuff together and save a lot on shipping. :beer:

Out of production?
      Must I look in ebay?

it doesn’t hurt to use the search function,
      and after all, it is an auction, you could get lucky.
      also check the trade sections of fora like this.
      or get them direct from Japan, but that’s usually a little more difficult.

weren’t ZipZap’s sold as “microsizers” in Europe ?
      your 1:1 scale Audi cardealer may (still) have 4th gen. ZipZap SE (propo).

saludos de Holanda

z-beam
      Participant

nah microsizers are rebranded tomy bit char-g. zip zaps are a bit longer in the body and less deformed.

if you dont want to be gouged and pay to much for micro cars that are new the q-steers are the only option. the non buggy ones are better for racing because you dont need to recharge them.

finding cheaper batteries for them can be hard at first but once you find a supply of them they are cheap and reliable.

just search for q-steer in ebay and you should get lucky.

also avoid the double car sets. 2 of them had not so good working cars in them and were more expensive than buying them singly.

epoxy
      Participant

right, those were bit-charge’s. :blush:

personally i like to be gored by buying (older) propo-bit’s.
      many of them can be restored by just replacing the batteries.
      but it’s a costly affair no doubt about that.
      on the other hand, the shippingcosts are about the same,
      and that’s a big part of the end price for me allready.

i guess we all wished we lived in japan and pick them
      up for only a few thousand ?.

still i’dd like to have a horneto Qsteer though,
      because i had a tamiya hornet in the past. :approve:
      any chance the Qsteers can be modded into propo controlls ?
      maybe mount a digiQ PCB onto it ?
      i doubt somehow if there is space enough for it.

cheers

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I am pretty sure a Digi-Q used a “tank-style” differential speed-to-the-rear-wheels type of steering… There was proper steering front-end ones made, but I never even saw one on this board… A ZZSE board might fit, though, you would have to modify the steering circuit, but it has been done to ZZMT’s…

epoxy
      Participant

i think your right. i was thinking the buggies worked with the tank like steering as well, but they don’t.

there have been some digiQ with special front wheels that could pivot
      freely, but non with actual frontwheel steering.
      but i liked the brakelights on the later models a lot.

oh well, maybe someday, it would be nice though,
      a propo Qsteer buggie.

betty.k
      Participant

hunt for xtrek or zzse 😉 :8ball:

epoxy
      Participant

what ? they have hornet’s too ? 😉 😀

seriously, do you think it can be done ?

best regards

z-beam
      Participant

dang betty! i forgot about the xtreks… theres still 2 of them in the shed with your name on em if your keen. ive got a dead q-buggy as well that might be a good donor body for the xtrek guts. pm me your postal addy and when i get home ill post em off.

kocoliso
      Participant

@zeben 230508 wrote:

I?am fron tenerife, my micro buggy arrive this week, so I don?t use yet :gatlin:
      Where do you from?

I am also from Tenerife (La Laguna). My Micro Buggy also arrives this week 😀

kocoliso
      Participant

@z-beam 230510 wrote:

if you dont want to be gouged and pay to much for micro cars that are new the q-steers are the only option. the non buggy ones are better for racing because you dont need to recharge them.

finding cheaper batteries for them can be hard at first but once you find a supply of them they are cheap and reliable.

just search for q-steer in ebay and you should get lucky.

also avoid the double car sets. 2 of them had not so good working cars in them and were more expensive than buying them singly.

Hi! How many minutes of battery lasts Q-steer no buggies? I ordered a Q-Steer Mario Kart for my nephew. :approve:

z-beam
      Participant

The q-steers use lr44 watch batteries and should last at least a few hours with the ones installed out of the packet. I have never bought a Mario cart qsteer but I’m assuming it is just like a regular one, not a buggy.

kocoliso
      Participant

Yes, Mario Kart is like a regular Q-steer and use LR44 batteries. 50 batteries cost 5 euro at Ebay, not bad 😀

epoxy
      Participant

what about rechargable batteries ? is that possible ?
      or are LR44’s just to small to be rechargable ?
      i’ll bet it would be trouble finding a charger that can charge that low
      so the little cell has a chance to survive.

not realy having used LR44’s alot myself, weren’t some batteries
      made up out of a stack LR44’s with just a metal wrap around it ?
      in other words, take the shell off and have loose cells.
      don’t know if this is cheaper by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxS38_u7Mnw&feature=channel

the video isn’t very realistic. $40 for 16 LR44 ? seems too expensive.
      and he compaires the alkaline cells from the 12v AAA he hacked
      with a silver based cell for fotocamera’s.
      needles to say the silver type will last much longer,
      so it will cost much more.
      besides. i’m pretty shure those two 12V batteries cost a lot more then
      $1,88 over here in europe.
      (europe being soaked in enviromental taxes for disposable batteries)
      (maybe that’s the reason Qsteer isn’t realy a hit overhere)

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.