How do I do body mods?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

OK, I have a question. I haven’t even got my car yet and I have a question! Geez. Anyway, I really love what people are doing with modifying the body. I’m not just talking about decals and paint, but physically changing the shape of the body.

How are they doing it? Clay? Putty? How do they make it hard so it will stand up to the abuse? Has anyone here experimented with it? Tutorials anywhere?

What I’m wanting to do is change the WRX sedan I have on order into a WRX wagon (since i’m about to buy a 1:1 scale version!). I’ll be happy to catalogue my progress as I do it for you guys, I’m just not sure where to start!

THANKS!

-Stormincow

Admin
      Participant

For physical changes to the body…

Here’s a little information from amember ofThe Admiral’s Lair about modifying a HO slotcar body.

Here’s a Japanese article about modifying a Bit Char-G body into a BMW. The pictures give you a pretty good idea, but using a translator like Babelfish helps out with the text–if only a little.

Admin
      Participant

Thanks, Zero!

That first link didn’t work though, and this still doesn’t tell me what materials I can use. Any suggestions?

Stormincow

Admin
      Participant

You’re absolutely right. The first link is broken. Sorry about that! Here’s a message thread from Sigma Automotive, that may answer some questions. It’s more detailed than the original link.

You might want to browse all the Bit Char-G message boards you come across–most of them have a thread (or several) about modifying Bit Char-G body shells.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.