How to Help ausmicro.com

Home Forums General Chat How to Help ausmicro.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Quite a few times it gets mentioned that members would like to support ausmicro.com pay its bills (about AU$150 a month) but don’t quite know how.

Well there are a few ways…. If you have spare money in a PayPal account feel free to fling it our way (shop@ausmicro.com) or more seriously simply support our advertisers by buying through the links around the site! Sites like amazon.com and e-bay do offer bargains for shoppers anywhere in the world and it’s worthwhile checking them out!

If you are planning on signing up to PayPal do it through one of out links. We make a couple of dollars once you start using the Paypal account for ‘referring’ you to them.

And now you can do it just by shopping on e-bay!

As of September 1st 2003 every time you log onto your e-bay account through one of the links on ausmicro.com and then bid (and win) or “Buy it Now” we make a teeny commission.

Quoted direct from the Newsletter:
      —-
      New Commission Model

Lead Payment: Active Registrations
      When a person clicks on an eBay link on your site, then registers at eBay Australia, your reporting through Commission Junction will display a lead with $0 value. When a confirming action occurs within 30 days, that is, the registration either places a bid or purchases an item using Buy It Now (BIN), then a second lead action called active registration will appear in your reporting within 24 hours. Your commission is then calculated on your Commission Base Rate. A lead is not considered active if the confirming action does not occur within 30 days.

Sale Payment: Bid or BIN – NEW
      When an existing eBay member navigates to eBay Australia from your site link, and within 30 days places a bid or purchases an item on eBay using Buy It Now, you will receive a commission calculated on your Commission Base Rate.

So there you have it, a nice easy and free way for all you e-bayers out there to support your favourite site!

If you think this is a grab for cash remember that right now ausmicro.com has a lot of bills and no income! That’s not a good thing, we want to be around for years to come but we can only do it in this style if we’re able to pay the bills!

Aaron & Derek
      ausmicro.com

--
      Site Owner Guy.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thats a noble way of doing things.
      You’ve got my support, I will see what I can do about ebaying via Ausmicro.com. Thanks for letting us know this. I think everbody here would agree you guys are providing an excellent service, and why shouldnt the users chip in a bit, or at least change the way they do their net transactions to benefit this site.
      Good stuff,
      :approve:uA

micro_Amps
      Participant

Ok, first off, we need a list of links that can be chosen from, once we have logged onto this site. The advertising banner at the top of the page is random, and if I want to go to ebay from here I cant necessarily use the link because it is not there.
      It would be easier if we had links to take us to places that may credit Ausmicro financially.
      :)uA

Keymaster

Ahhh good idea micro! I’ll see what I can do!
      It’ll probably be something off the homepage.

And yes I think it’s the best way we can make things work out. I knwo that we can’t expect to pay the bills with these programs but every bit counts, especially if it doesn’t cost the members anything. To me that’s where we strike the best balance!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

DaveF
      Participant

Make sure it’s headed up so that people know it costs them nothing, and helps AusMicro, only if they use these links to get to those sites. Except in less words. =o)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.