How to properly maintain Pricey Motors

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion How to properly maintain Pricey Motors

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Star Guitar
      Participant

hay i might be gettin a reedy 12 turn motor eventually so i wanna no how to properly maintain it what do u guys reckon is a good way to keep it goin for ages?

Nismospeed
      Participant

keep it clean..change the brushes regually…keep the bearings clean and oiled.
      dont let it over heat….
      dan

peedee
      Participant

you only have to change brushes when they were out..if you do it regually it would cost way to much

Nismospeed
      Participant

not if you get a box of them….dont know if you can get them here in aus
      but a friend of mine got a box of 100 pairs for $50….ill ask from where later

Star Guitar
      Participant

thanks guys im gonna ask the guys at my lhs next time im in to get them to show me how to fix up the motor and replace the brushes and everythin.

Nismospeed
      Participant

it’s all part of trial and eror……but id ask someone before hand if you doing it on a reedy..cause they are expensive…..
      cheers
      dan

Star Guitar
      Participant

i did it on my brothers team orion 15turn double and it wassnt rebuildable so i completely buggered it up and all i had to do was buy him a $8 pack of yugio cards 😀 luckily though cause the motor was at least $50

Nismospeed
      Participant

oh no…..lucky for you though….the orion motors are expensive….15×2 orion is atleast $70 new…..
      so lucky for you only had to pay $8…:p

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.