hpi rs4 rally, anyone know about these?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion hpi rs4 rally, anyone know about these?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i m interested in one of these beasties, anyone know if these are any good?:8ball:
      RallyIB-L.jpg

Keymaster

I can’t speak with authority except to say that it’s yet another version of the HPI RS4 platform.

The platform itself seems to be very very good, and has been adpted from Mini > 1/10 > Rally > Truckish with most people finding them to be great for the price etc.

In other words tried and true and very likely to make anyone happy 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah i have a mate buying 2 of them to bash around he has had a few in teh past there great there fast look good and enough height to runn offroad

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I have the monster version and think it’s great, although the belt will need a little attention when used in dirt. It’s an ideal ‘mostly in the street but sometimes in the garden’ car.

merc-blue
      Participant

but OTP if you run it with the inner body shell it stops dirt getting into the drivetrain system

betty.k
      Participant

ah yes but dirt is a magical substance! nothing’s totally impermeable to dirt.

otp, what exactly do you mean attention? do you mean it stretches over time or the fact that they lock up when a rock gets in the belt? i’m currently using a kyosho pure ten alpha which is a belt drive 4wd. i made a cover for the belt but every now and then rocks creep in and make life exciting!:smiley2::8ball:

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I do run with the inner body but this creates a new problem, no cooling air! The motor, batt and ESC can get very hot.

I’ve never had a belt car lock up due to a rock (sometimes a bit of garden mulch can lock the drive train), but belts do eventually stretch and need to be cleaned to avoid excess wear. The RS4MT is still on it’s original belts though. Probably has 50-60 packs through it.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah i never though of that..

betty.k
      Participant

hehe, i did!:smiley2: i’ll probably create some openings in the underbody and cover them with some fine mesh or even material like lycra. i don’t really want anything to go in the chassis but a trade off must be made. i’ll try to make a filter rather than mesh if you get my drift to at least reduce the size of the dust particles that inevitably get in:8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

Change the gears to 48dp or 32dp.

64dp hates the dirt.

Quote:
      I’ve never had a belt car lock up due to a rock (sometimes a bit of garden mulch can lock the drive train)

My Nitro RS4s have suffered drivetrain lockups from both twigs and pebbles.

Usual fix is to push it backwards about 1m, then give it a shake. Clears it 90% of the time.

betty.k
      Participant

thanks for the info guys.:smiley2:

hopefully i’ll have one of these roofsliding around my house soon:p:D:8ball:

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.