i got bitten by the bug…

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion i got bitten by the bug…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

tha monster bug!!:D

it s a hpi rs4 mt, i got it as a deal with my rally car. comes with an inner body, gear cover, oil shocks, slipper clutch, huuuuuuuuuuge proline tyres and a big dumbass looking wing that i won t be using!
      it absolutely eats any terrain, drives up gutters and takes a pounding. it s really stable and gives a smooth video picture when i put the camera on it.
      with a few adjustments it can also be lowered for track use (:question:)

anyone interested in one of these beasts should contact virgin atlantic:8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

Thats FAcun sweet mate

At first i thought you had realy been bitten buy a BUG and was going to ask if it had Purple and green spots, I was close in my opinion…

How much is Virgin Asking for 1 of these Bebbys…
      And Cheers for the cool info…
      :smiley2::p:approve::smiley2:

micro_Amps
      Participant

I love bugs 😀
      I still miss my Sand Scorcher that I had when I was 11. (sigh):sad:
      Hehe.:)

betty.k
      Participant

i figure a bug needs some retro charm so i went for the metallic paint and moon decals.

i tell ya, i hope i don’t have to do another 1:10 body for a while, cutting and applying decals is a real pain even when you cheat like i did (hpi logos left in the windows!):8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 13 January 2005 22:47:57

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Very Cool, just a suggestion: Them wings might not look cool, but they are put on these cars for a reason….makes em handle better and get more grip.

leonli17
      Participant

lol….but grip and betty.k just don’t go together.:smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

love the colour betty, you did good:p

TallduDe
      Participant

dude fully sik!!!!

can you plz plz plz plz do a vid of that thing going offroad!

i dont ask for much LOL.

btw can you race those things at club level or are they just bash arounds?

peteWah
      Participant

Betty,
      I would be up to some vid action of this beast also

TD,
      How are you mate, You should ask BIG Dave if you could have a lend of some of his video/Dvd content, Its nasty stuff from the states and very Action packed…
      Some real good offroad races to be had, Or ask him to take it on a weekend and watch them at Dave’s in the Arvo.

:smiley2::approve::p:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

thanks gang, i’ll try to get some vid up soon:smiley2::8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’m sure this thing is raceable, but as far as I know there isn’t a class to run them in…

merc-blue
      Participant

TD you could race them at club but it would probly be in a open class so u will need some heffty equiptment.. eg hacker BL (none of this novak shit) topline chargers/dischargers topline packs and topline radio

if yu wanna race offroad better going for a 2wd ST and racing in a lower division for more fun and less cost

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah merc’s right, offroad racing is basically divided into 3 groups, 2WD Stadium Trucks, Monster trucks and 1/8 4WD Buggies.

The cheapest option would probably be a Monster Truck, such as a Traxxas Revo, RTR it can be bought for under $700 AUD shipped, and it’s top level stuff.

Stadium Trucks are quite pricey for competitive stuff, and competitive 1/8’s are just bank balance busters…

betty.k
      Participant

this truck would be a perfectly good racer out of the box, it’s certainly tough enough (TRUST me!:dead:) it understeers a little which makes for easy control bashing around the yard but adjustments can easily be made to quicken the steering for race conditions.:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yaeh betty were not doubting your truck wer doubting the division which it owuld be allowed to race in.. becasue most STs are RWD so it ouwld have to be raced in MTs which these guys are VERY quick with BL motors or dual motors etc.. and for racing it owuld be more sutible to go for sumthing that fits into a lower division

bithed
      Participant

…this is one platform that i have ben thinking about for ages…it really does look like fun…i really like HPI stuff…shame its an import for me…Its a little more expensive than the local stuff…

betty.k
      Participant

hpi japan
      3-25-36 takaokanishi
      hamamatsu-shi, shizuoka-ken.
      ph: 053 439 0833
      fax: 053 439 0844

hope that helps:smiley2::8ball:

virgin atlantic
      Participant

i can still get more of these RS4 MT bugs, i have 5 available currently to me if any of you are interested and willing to pay upfront, email me at projectsupreme@teamazm.com if you’re interested asap as it’s a limited item, once all are gone then i can’t get anymore.

bithed
      Participant

…yes they have been discontinued here too..once they are all gone thats it…

betty.k
      Participant

i spent some time and money on this baby recently. there were a lot of parts that had worn out or needed attention.

all the ball ends and ball cups were replaced with new ones, tightened everything up nicely. after discovering that there are ball end dust covers i made a whole bunch and installed them. it’s not hard, just cut out a heap of little foam squares and punch a hole in em. 😮

replaced the bb’s with a duratrax set, they feel nice and smooth.

the outdrives and dogbones were pretty worn so i got a full set of mip cvd’s for it. damn they’re nice!

the front end got a new shock tower to replace the split one too.

i recently got a new radio so i installed the fancy fm hrs rx in this. the manual was pretty clear that i can only use digital servos with this rx so i bought a towerpro digital hi torque servo. it’s really precise and has plenty of grunt and holding power for the heavy mt steering. only cost $23 too! yes, new!

i picked up a bargain speedmind esc (looks like an unlabelled futaba esc) that’s handling the drive, it overheated at first but i installed some heatsinks to the fets and it’s all good now.
      it’s pushing a group 20 motor arm (20t) which isn’t too fast but it’s got balls and it’s fast enough for me.

finally i gave the body a good wash and applied some new decals to better reflect my rc alliances. what the hell is a penzoil? 😆 (spewin’ i’m outta ausmicro decals!)

well that’s enough yakking, have a squizz at this!

inner gada da vida

gotta reprezent

something for the competition to look at just before i flatten their azzez! :8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

went mudding today!:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Mudding is great fun! But cleanup just sucks…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Mudding is great fun! But cleanup just sucks…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.