i got soul, cos i m superbad!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

here s the latest concoction:p

camo hummer shell(:smiley2:you know who!), windscreen replaced with fine mesh for ventilation,
      super perfection chassis with full suspension conversion,
      dual 1/4 AAA 80mah nimh,
      d.u. hand wound 9.0 with superconductor magnets…,
      custom lego wheels,
      12:1 gears,
      lxx type r tx/rx 57mhz (no fets….YET!),
      soon to have 3mm white led s mounted behind the mesh.:8ball:

if the pics don t work, try here, http://www.geocities.com/bettyk3332003/camohummer.html

Edited by – betty.k on 15 February 2004 06:43:31

TallduDe
      Participant

nice work man, didnt like the gun turret on top i see.

VR-4
      Participant

looks good just dont like the chassy to much. if you wanna make it like a clear blut just get some rit dye then boil some water put the dye in then dip the chassy in for a sec. then pull it out and let it dry and its now clear blue red green ect.

barto_85
      Participant

can’t see the pics, stupid geocities. will try again later.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant
      Quote:
      d.u. hand wound 9.0 with superconductor magnets…,

Saywhat now?

magtec_racing
      Participant

i think hes saying he handwound it lmao but at 90k rpm’s the motor will rip its self apart. and i think hes saying he has neo magnets in it.

let me be the first to call B.S.

if he can hand wind a motor that small and make it a 9.0 im voteing for him for the best custom motor maker in the world.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Just wanna qualify here, betty, I am not doubting what your saying, just curious… Don’t let magtec_racing’s comments put you off.

magtec_racing
      Participant

lol at 90,000 rpms the wire would fly off the armture. check and see how meny g’s you get at 90,000 rpm’s the thin wire cant handle the force it would be under and distroy its self.

betty.k
      Participant

ROF, LMFAO!!!:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Well there’s certainly no pulling the wool over these guys eyes, hey B.K.? ;~)
      Well done on the 9.0 motors, I am using the same supplier as you for those superconductor magnets, just amazing.
      Very nice result on the hummer to btw.
      🙂 uA

betty.k
      Participant

yeah they’re amazing. you can’t take them within 5m of a computer and magnetic storage media, but worth it!:D
      here’s the motor if you don’t believe me:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Ah yes, the old BS series 9.0 motors.
      Another fine product from BK BS industries.
      😉 uA

betty.k
      Participant

:D:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

nice rig. i like the motor details. the nuke symbol looks cool, and when u said d.u. did u mean depleted uranium??? is this how it holds the 90,000revs? 😉

betty.k
      Participant

dat’s right z boy! i have no feeling in my fingertips as a result of using this wire, and i’m sterile. but it’s worth it! and you don’t need to do under body lighting, the motor glows like a green led:smiley2::8ball:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

ROFL, ya got me betty.k. But on a similar note, I have seen magnets to glue on the side of 130 sized motors, to increase torque…. Would this work in Char-gs?

betty.k
      Participant

actually i’m interested to know that too. shouldn’t be hard to mount extra magnets somewhere. anyone got an idiots guide to motors they wanna share?:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

magnet tricks eh?

details please!!!!!! do they need to be the same shape as the outside of the motor? and is 2 enough??

micro_Amps
      Participant

I think you might find that the steel casing will deflect the external magnetism, and it wont make that much difference. The micro motors are coreless and the magnet is cylindrical and on the inside of the windings.
      🙂 uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 17 February 2004 06:06:43

z-beam
      Participant

not much difference at all, except more weight at the rear which improved rear traction and ruduced slip/increased turning circle.

i tested it on my sbcg chassis with a clone pinky motor and sbcg red gears (ithink 12:1). i used two types of magnets, one that is 3x the length of a steering magnet and one that was half lengnth in various positions/combinations.

merc-blue
      Participant

i just wanna clear up some stuff being quite the motor guru (or not).. hand winding these motors are a real sucker cause its damn close to imposbbile i only ever go 1 to work and it was fantastic.. note i say was casue it died… the neo mags would defiently improve the speed of the motor. and unlike magtec thinks (HES WRONG).. there is no armatue like in a larger scale motor the mags ar in center and coils spin around the mags so a bit of tabe around teh outside would hold it together a good’n. magtec… ive seen motors going into the 300,000 rpm (380) and faster so :P…. i dont like u dont be so hostile betty is a great modder and i know that a 130 motor can do 90,000 easy

leonli17
      Participant

yeah…one of the 130 motor can do 110,000 RPM.
      MB is right.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.