I just ordered my new car!! :D

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion I just ordered my new car!! :D

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      elusiver
      Participant

Just ordered a TA05 from stella. I can’t wait. I’ve already got a 1/10 nitro(V1s).. but since getting my iwavers i realised that electrics are COOL! they easier to run and maintain.. there’s no mess.. no priming re fueling.. u just flip a switch and u’r ready to go! so i’m now gonna try my hand down at boronia with electrics… superfun. Anyone race at boronia?

Also, please see my wanted to buy post in the 1/10 for sale forum. I’m in need of some batteries and a charger.

el 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

good for you!
      i must admit it’s the liquids and noise keeping me away from nitros. that and the fact that i’ve never known anything about combustion engines!

but you’ll soon find electrics present their own set of problems and messes!:smiley4: :8ball:

elusiver
      Participant

the noise is what i love most about nitro.. a little electric car whurring past is ok.. but a nitro car fanging past with all the smoke and noise is damn impressive..

el 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

elusiver have you seen mod eletrics far more graceful than nitros.
      whats your setup?
      the TA05 is a very good first car has huge potental and is very quick form the box

ph2t
      Participant

yo elusiver, where in melb are you at dude?

betty, myslef, merc, leon are all melb based. Soemtime we go to the templstowe TFTR track and race our 1:28’s, and other scales there! eletrics only though.

cheers,

ph2t,.

leonli17
      Participant

yea, even though we havn’t had a meet at TFTR for a long time(more than a year). we would start again when everyone is less busy.

Keymaster

If you build it – they will come.

Just a thought but I always figure that it’s sometimes not a matter of everyone having the time at the same time, but rather a floating group that’s there in some form most weekends etc.

🙂

Never know in my soon-to-be-between-jobs status I may grab the Kitty and roadtrip down south 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

give us a heads up if you do man, we’ll hook something up for sure:topstuff: :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

ah i wouldnt mind going down i only live 3hrs away.

betty.k
      Participant

hmmmmmm:smiley2: :8ball:

Keymaster

It looks like a Melb. trip will happen for Kitty and I – guessing some time after the 20th of April and probably during May.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

whoo aronn we should organise a meet bassed around your trip (not comming to stay are you?)
      i will have some planes to bring but probly no eletric trucks/cars, unless someone can tempt me with something before that time,

Keymaster

Trip wise it’s a holiday – we’ll be staying in Canberra longer term.

There is a Bricks & Mortar hobby store up for sale out in NSW I would love to buy but just don’t have the cash to do it.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

meh, it’s probably not a very lucrative business to get into (as you probably know with the shop here).

we’ll definately organise something, even if it’s mini z’s in my backyard! :8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      It looks like a Melb. trip will happen for Kitty and I – guessing some time after the 20th of April and probably during May.
      Cool! hopefully you’ll be in town for a week or more??

Set a date in stone and we’ll hit TFTR for sure.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      There is a Bricks & Mortar hobby store up for sale out in NSW I would love to buy but just don’t have the cash to do it.
      Investment-wise, running a LHS would rate about as good as buying TLS shares @ $5.82. For me anyways…

(ahh, have a thought for the poor mums-n-dads who paid $7.40 in T2!)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.