I NEED HELP! SOME EXPERTS NEEDED!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i was driving my bit on the kitchen table, when it feel on the floor. Wwhen i picked it up, the motor, and the clip were both not connected in the chassis. so i put it back in, and drove it, but the clip keeps slidding off when it runs. Also, the gear that turns the motor, keeps coming off. does it stay in place, or is it supposed to come off? anyway, when the thing runs, it makes a rattling sound, and somtimes has trouble starting becuase the back wheelies dont rotate right. I need to turn the wheel for it to start. I need someone to really help me out with this. PLease answer back or just email me at pakiplaya@hotmail.com. Thank you

Admin
      Participant

Sound like you might have bent theclip/heatsink. is theclip flat? (the bit that supost to be flat anyway) if not bend it back cos it sould like as if the clip isn’t holding the moter in snugly anymore. Also check if any of the plastic that the clip pushes up agences isn’t bent,twisted or broken, if that happen, you need a new car body (or if you are good at melting plastic) So the answer to the question “is it supposed to come off” is NO, it should be a tight fit and sould take a bit to get the clip off.

best of luck

PandaBear
      Participant

I think you’ve damaged something in the rear end.

Take it apart, then check the chassis carefully for cracks… anything even broken off?

Sounds like your axle is bent too… see if you can straighten it back. Find something flat that’s 1cm wide (I use a little metal ruler) and roll the axle on it, you’ll soon see where its bent.

Also check your gears, there may be a broken or damaged tooth.

It is not a good idea to fall onto the floor, especially if its a tiled or hard floor. That 1m drop is like driving off a cliff 200m high in your 1:1!!

z-beam
      Participant

sounds like you have a few different problems and each needs to be treated individually. ok when you say clip doyou mean the metal heat sink or the black plastic tab on the chassisthat the shell and the heat sink secure onto?

Admin
      Participant

if you have any cracks in your chassy get some 90 sec. epoxy then repair them with that then use a rotary tool to file it down a lil.

Admin
      Participant

ok the heat clip is ok now. it goes in place, but the ider gear, or idler i dont know how to spell it, keeps slidding off. its the gear that rotates the motor. It keeps slidding off. is there a way to make it stay in place, and is it supposed to slid off, this IDLER( or IDER) gear?

Admin
      Participant

its called the pinion use super glue to hold it

Admin
      Participant

oh ok

Admin
      Participant

how come my heat sink clip isnt connecting or snapping in?

Admin
      Participant

check to see if theres a crack whare it snaps in if not try pulling the part whare the heat sink snapins into the chassy out a lil and that should fix it.

Admin
      Participant

but them it wont rotate!!!!

Admin
      Participant

do u mean by putting some glue so that it will stop the post from going through the whole? and where do i put this dab of glue?

Admin
      Participant

put it on the ruff side then make shure the ruff side is on the oppset side to whare the gears go.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by arabicryda on 10November2002

but them it wont rotate!!!!

The shaft does *not* rotate on the chassis. The idler gear only rotates on the shaft. Fix the shaft so that it cannot move left/right and there’s enough shaft for your idler gear to sit on, and you’ll be fixed.

Admin
      Participant

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, I GET IT NOW, I WUZ SOOOO CRAZY, THANKS ALL OF U, AND MORE TO PANDABEAR, U DA MAN:smiley4:

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.