I push left, it goes right!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Trueno
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just got my brand new replacement Trueno Set. Unfortunately every now and then it turns the wrong direction. I can be holding the controller down to turn left and it turns right. The same thing happened a couple of times with my Accord. Has anyone else had this happen and if so any easy tricks for stopping it? I ain’t sending it back again.

Admin
      Participant

Have you checked the axles of the front wheels for lint or hair ? It doesn’t take much rubbish on the axle to start causing a problem with steering. Do both front wheels spin freely and spin the same amount ?

Trueno
      Participant

It was brand new so there’s no crap on it. The steering works fine but it will turn the opposite direction to the one I direct it to and it’s only intermittently.

Admin
      Participant

Have you checked whether or not the steering wires are shorting or touching each other inside the chassis ? Might be worth just popping the board out and putting it back in, making sure that the wires aren’t touching.

Impreza
      Participant

Just a thought, what mhz is it? Do you have anything your place that might run at the same freq?? Maybe try it in a few different rooms to see if it still does this? Again just a thought.

Cheers.

Trueno
      Participant

Thanks Guys,

I tried it again last night and it only did it twice. I might try opening it up just to check. It’s27MHz, which is of course everybody’s favourite! Where about’s do the steering wires run? Thank again

Admin
      Participant

On the PCB in the car, there are 6 wires that connect along one side of the board. The contacts that they connect to are labelled V+ (voltage), F (Forward), B (Back/Reverse), L (Left), R (Right) and GND (Ground). Check that the uninsulated wires running from the Left and Right contacts do not touch any other uninsulated wires. These wires (L & R) go from the board to the coils in the front that control the steering.

Hope this helps

Trueno
      Participant

Thanks heaps,

I’ll have a look tonight.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Genspec on 08November2002

Check that the uninsulated wires running from the Left and Right contacts do not touch any other uninsulated wires. These wires (L & R) go from the board to the coils in the front that control the steering.

Actually those wires *are* insulated – otherwise you’ll have a lot of fun winding the magnets without them shorting out.

Those fine copper wires are painted with clear lacquer, which is the insulator. If you need to resolder them for any reason, use sandpaper and sand the tips where you want to solder, otherwise the soldering won’t work.

Take care not to wreck them – those wires are finer than human hair.

Impreza
      Participant

If you are just reattaching them you should be ok without sandpaper, since the ends should already be bare. At least I was able to re-establish a good contact when I re-soldered mine on, don’t ask how they came off in the first place…:smiley9:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.