i think i broke my z

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

ok so i tried upgrading my ma010 to the gray/ blue chassis and when i finally moved the pcb 4 wires came off, theyve been resoldered but have been shortened quite a lot and there not on very good, its so short that it almost doesnt touch the screw holes, so anyone know where i can get some thin wires, oh and if the wires stretch alot, will it affect the car?

thanks in advance

betty.k
      Participant

you can buy wire from places like dick smith or tandy.
      or you could pull something apart and cannibalise it :8ball:

Admin
      Participant

yeah i would but i dont live in australia, i live in usa so im just trying to find a website that sells wires,

thanks for the reply

Ogier
      Participant

Radio Shack? Our Tandy used to sell Radio Shack gear, and if anyone is older than me, maybe than can confirm if there was a more solid relationship? 🙂

Having had an MR01 for a few months and now an MR02, my electronics skills have been improving. I almost understand how the FETs work and maybe have a 33% understanding of some external turbos. hehe. I wanna build my own from canabalised parts! 😀

Admin
      Participant

yeah i just checked their website, they have a lot but i dont have any clue which wire should be used. the wires that broke are the steering pot and the switch wires but i know where i can buy a whole new switch so my only problem is the steering pot. so what does awg mean when they say 20awg, and what does 200c mean, and what does silicon wire mean. yeah alot of questions. can someone direct me to a thin, strong, and a wire/s suggested that you would suggest.

thanks for your replies so far

betty.k
      Participant

websites can only tell you so much, go down to your local radio shack and look at what they have. just buy the stuff that looks closest.

awg refers to the guage (thickness) of the wire, smaller the number the thicker the wire. 20awg should be fine for z’s.
      silicon wire is wire with silicon rubber insulation, it’s more flexible than other wire. :8ball:

Admin
      Participant

oh thanks for reply, do you know if the atomicmods 18awg or if a 20,22awg wire will fit through the part with the little gap for the wires to go through on 010 (the part that covers the pot, servo saver and others). oh and do you know what awg the stock wires are?

Admin
      Participant

oh thanks for reply, do you know if the atomicmods 18awg or the 20,22awg wire will fit through the little gap on 010 that covers the pot, servo saver and others. oh and do you know what awg the stock wires are?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.