Idea for Track Surface

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I don’t know if this has been done before, but I was thinking of maybe using a dry marker board (those white boards) as a base for my track. Has anyone tried this???

Admin
      Participant

Yep – only problem is PRICE (at least here in Oz, anyway).

I build/modify my Char-Gs (and other RC stuff) on a small (3’x2′) whiteboard because it’s easy to clean, has a wooden frame to keep things from falling off and the high-contrast surface makes spotting little parts really easy to do (Shard – are you reading this? :smiley2:)

Of course, a 3′ (90cm) run is NOWHERE near long enough to really give a Char-G a run. But, you can see just how well the standard tires grip to the shiny surface and how well the car slides out on the hight turns.

If only I could find 8’x8′ whiteboards at a reasonable price :smiley3:

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Once again, try the hardware store :smiley2:. Look in the panelling section. You can usually get 4×8 panels made of masonite with a shiny painted surface that looks suspiciously like a whiteboard. My dad has actually made several whiteboards out of this stuff. I’d guess a price around $20 USD.

Admin
      Participant

Or you can get foam board from any hobby/craft store. Only comes in “posterboard” size, but you can always use more than one, and they are light as a feather.. a BIG feather that is.. :smiley8:

Admin
      Participant

I think we were talking about the dry-erase boards…ya know, the “high-tech” chalkboard replacement.

Although, posterboard could make a decent surface and is very lightweight, but is difficult to get in “huge” sizes.

WooHoo…I just noticed I’m a Gold Member :smiley10:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.