IGN.com reviews the Bit Char-G

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi everyone

A fairly positive review (with all the typical “oohh-ahhh” factored in) has been published by the guys at IGN.com

You can read the review here.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

I know hehe this is what introduced me into this whole thing that is going on … i am going to my hobbie store 2morrow to pick up my first car .. WAHOO

Admin
      Participant

Hey Babybel!

Welcome tothe ausmicrocommunity!

If you have time, how would you feel about doing a post with the theme “My First Bit Char-G”?It could be a fun and interesting thread for prospective buyers and long-time owners alike.

For a number of us, that “OMG! This thing is soooo cool” excitement when you run your first car is something of a distant memory now. I, for one, enjoy sharing in the smiles and positive experiences of others. I mean….assuming your first car IS a fully-positive experience :smiley2:

Thanks again for joining us…. put on a dressing gown and a comfy pair of slippers, and make yourself at home!

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Yeah for sure i will do that thread… also here is what i wrote in my other post maybe you can help.

Ok well i visit IGN ALOT .. and when i read that article on these cars … i knew i needed to get one. So i am going tomorrow to pick one up. I am planning on getting the Subaru WRX Blue

Now should i also pick up a 2.2 or 3.0motor …? And should i pick up anything else to go along with it ..?

Also i have read that i can get the OEM-Bullet body to fit on the Bit-ChargG is this try .. cuz i want the 206 body…

Also is there anything i need to know about this hobby before i get into it ..?

Thanks

Anthony

Admin
      Participant

BabyBel – I removed your other post where you asked the same question :smiley15:

With regards to “what motor?”, I’d say just get your main car for now and run the motor that’s in it. Until you decide where you’re going to race andthe type/size of your tracks, buying a whole pile of accessories might be an unnecessary expense.

One of my road tracks is so tight that even a 1.0 motor is WAY too quick for it! Get your car, put in plenty of practice and decide where you’re going to be racing regularly – THEN go nuts ordering suspension, gear and motor parts.

Oh to answer your question “anything i need to know about this hobby before i get into it ..? “. Yep – just two things:

• It’s addictive; and
      • Your wallet will never be the same again. smiley3.gif
      • [/list]

Later

Derek
        (Back to watching Big Brother 2)

Admin
      Participant

Heheh ok well … I just got my first car.. today the WRX .. and already my GF want’s one hehe .. i am gonna get her the silver Celica… hehe … well WAHOO … so much fun .. i will do a good post later …

Admin
      Participant

that’s exactly where I heard of them. Just ordered one last nite. hopefully get it by mid week.

Admin
      Participant

Hey Derek/Aaron, maybe you should write up a FAQ for all the n00bs. I don’t know if you can do this on these forums, but on another forum, they can make a topic “sticky” so that it is always at the top of the discussion list.

Admin
      Participant

For what it’s worth, there is a Bit Char-G FAQ up on The Admiral’s Lair. It’s short and basic, but it’s a starting point, till Derek gets his finished version up.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.