inch high raising

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      mastercool bowker
      Participant

I m starting to build up a bit char-g monster truck. I ve got all the parts including the wheels, but i ve got one problem! I know how to raise the car by a few milimeters, but how do you raise it by about an inch? Please help
      P.S I need to raise it so high because the wheels i m using are massive. They are nearly touching each other!

Impreza
      Participant

If you had a dremel or were up for a bit of filing you could chop down the body to help so you not have to raise it so high? Some other ways are maybe to extend the front and back of the body ala the wild char-g. Or go for a four post raise resting the body on internal pegs/posts that would give you the lift you need but could still be hidden from site. Just some ideas. Pls post pics when you are done.

merc-blue
      Participant

mastercool bowker. have u been to rcmod… they have done some srsly cool monster trucks and are waiting to update their site once it is updated they will have a tutorial for it… so if u put this project on the back burner for a while and wait for the tutorial…..
      welcome 2 the forums aswell….

trash
      Participant

Are you raising the body, or lowering the wheels ?
      And which other parts are getting moved with them ?
      I’m not into building a BCG monster truck, but I was thinking about how to tackle that problem the other night. Mini CV’s down to the wheels, or an
      extended gearing down to the lowered axels.

If your just raising the body, then you might like to try using some standoffs, the type they
      sell in jaycar might do the job. Just a guess 🙂

mastercool bowker
      Participant

To merc-blue
      Yeh! I’ve been to rcmod.com,it’s one of my favourite sites. I actually got the idea of a monster truck after seeing picks of prabbit’s bit lar-g.
      I was wondering if you knew when the site will be updated?
      Impreza,s idea of sitting the body on pegs sounds good. You could wrap springs around the pegs to make it look like suspension!
      p.s thanks for greeting me.

betty.k
      Participant

click my webshots link below and look in the ‘full suspension tomy mod’ gallery:8ball:

mastercool bowker
      Participant

Trashed asked if i was raising the whole thing of just the body. I’m raising the body only as-thanks to the sise of the wheels-it should be pretty high off the ground anyway.

mastercool bowker
      Participant

If i manage it i should be able to fit 3 or 4 batteries between the pvc cover and the cieling of the roof.
      (i saw the triple cell mod from ‘www.bitchar-g.com’
      Sorry i cant send vidios, but I can definately send photo’s.(If my dad lets me tinker about and mod my bit. I’l have to talk him into it or do the mod when he’s away out of sight!)

betty.k
      Participant

you asked questions about putty in another thread.
      i don’t use putty because when i get an idea i just go for it with what i’ve got. when i needed to fill gaps i just shape a peice of plastic with a file or on the concrete and glue it in with super glue. just keep adding more glue to the gaps in stages so it dries properly until it’s high enough. then sand away! the glue sets rock hard and is stronger than the plastic. the advantages i see are it’s cheap, you can drill into it and install screws and it hardens quicker than putty. although i should say that i’ve never used putty, it may do the same things that the plastic and glue method does.:8ball:

mastercool bowker
      Participant

thanks betty!

Eat right,exersize…die anyway!

mastercool bowker
      Participant

i’ve just wired a second battery to my fake castrol rc 206. i stuck a massive bull bar to the front with plastacine and put it on plastacine stilts. it looks really cool. ill try to send a pic within a few hours.

Eat right,exersize,die anyway!

mastercool bowker
      Participant

Ive just finnished the triple battery mod!
      All i need to do now is get the batteries to fit some where on the truck, make the charger and blue on the wheels! send a photo soon!

Eat right,exersize…die anyway!

betty.k
      Participant

lookin’ forward to it.:p

Impreza
      Participant

me to:)

ib311
      Participant

mastercool i think rcmod updates on 1 Jan

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.