Info about digiq-r w/lights

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi i’m new to digiqs and wanna ask one thing: i’ve seen in the data page of Takara digiq-r section that the nsx is a real gimmik type and the nissan castrol pitwork is a real gimmik HG type. Can you tell me the difference between these two models? What does it means HG? I would like to buy one of these two (i’ve found them on a site at the chap price of 39$! and i live in Italy and is hard to find digiq here), but i wanna be they are the same things in performance and handling.
      Thank you
      Fabry

Edited by – fabryd on 20 November 2003 20:51:14

dgs73
      Participant

hey hey… I happen to have both of these two, they are bothlight up cars(headlight, taillight… HG refers to the high-grade leds i think maybe?), the difference you arenoy mentioningis either lights or fornt wheels turning left or right. (this does NOT effect steering in the slightest, as the front wheels are plastic, not rubber, andthere are two motors in these things, one in each rear wheel, and it steers like a tank ie. to turn left, the left wheel will spin slower than the right…) I dont mind these little cars, bought em both from Japan a while ago. They are slow to charge (about 20 mins), runtime is approx 15 mins (???), and my main gripe, if the IR unit on the controller is not pointing straight at the car, it aint gonna go so good. Add to this the fact that they don’t work in direct sunlight (so no outdoors at all), theycannot be hopped up,and they are hard to turn at times (at speed; i’ll get to that!!). Upsides; they havee two speeds (fast and holy s**t!!!), detail is incredible for something thats less than the length of a Bit Char-G, but the ‘super deformed’ styling might put some off. Quality of unit, car and even packaging is A1, but you will need an english version of the instructions, unless you know someone (or you yourself are) fluent in Japanese! All up, enjoy. These things are great,I just need to find someone who’ll do a battery swap in mine, I cant bring myslf to open them up!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.