Info! dying char-g parts and caution!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Was doing some dying (RIT works well on plastics) of wheels and various other parts for some of my cars, and found the following results:

Tomy white parts absorb color very well and fast – 2-5minutes maximum needed, longer if you’re not sure it’s workign well.

OEM (smart car/z-cars model) white AND clear parts absorb slower but tint properly.

Tomy clear parts tint nicely, but shrink a LOT.

It appears even the minimal heat i used (lowest setting on the stove just keeping the water warm) was enough to shrink the body to slightly smaller than smart-car size. Yay now i have a skyline body for these chassis, but one less for my char-g, oh great… well.. anyway.. it appears the shrinking happens ONLY on the clear parts as the white parts came out fine and tinted strong. on the rx cover, the shrinking was most evident immediately as in areas where there is thin strips of plastic (antenna holder), the most shrinking is seen, although in both cases, the whole item is now smaller. The clear smart car parts did not shrink at all, leading me to believe that the plastic is very different.

wnough for now- if people want i can post pics of the results, although it’s not too impressive.

-dan

Admin
      Participant

someohe i jusr read my own topic and noticed it made it sound like parts had died… oh well. “oops”

-dan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.