Initial D city

Home Forums General Chat Initial D city

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

One more for Initial D fans. Found this one, looks like it is from a fellow Canadian:) Some of you may have seen it around, but here is the link for those who haven’t seen it:

http://members.shaw.ca/zenofstuff/initialcharg01.html

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I too am an avid fan of Initial d Anime/Game etc, and that track looks sweet, id love my own akina track….

PandaBear
      Participant

Questions questions questions… 🙂

1) is the tofu shop at the top of the hill or at the bottom? (I say bottom…?)

2) that would make Akina Lake… at the Top of the hill?

Confused here… as methink
      a) he’s not meant to destroy the tofu… going Up?
      b) and he can go as fast as he likes… downhill?
      c) are lakes often at the top of mountains?

Impreza
      Participant

lol Panda, you have really put some thought into this:) Here is a link I think might help you out for location at least. And yes lakes can be near the top of mountains:shock:. About the tofu? I do know that he has a glass of water that he usually starts and finishes with with the purpose of not spilling any (wish I could drive that smooth;)

http://initialdheaven.netfirms.com/realworld.shtml

barto_85
      Participant
      barto_85
      Participant

yeah, the city is at the bottom of the mountain, because takumi always starts at the bottom…not sure where the lake is…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Love Initial D and all, but I would also love to see a Mt Panorama track… and an R32 blowing away a Commodore

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks barto:blush: I see I even replied to that one:clown:. Guess I didn’t bookmark it after all. Sry for the re-post:)

twizm
      Participant

that track would be awesome. too bad i have no time, no money nor patience to build something of that quality.

i wonder why kind of paper he printed the road images on? does paper give bits good grip?

twizm
      Participant

that track would be awesome. too bad i have no time, no money nor patience to build something of that quality.

i wonder why kind of paper he printed the road images on? does paper give bits good grip?

z-beam
      Participant

have you used spray paint before twizm? well if you want paper to last and be grippy for bit racing you can use a spray matt varnish and use it normally and give it a bit of splattering by not pressing the button down all the way.

the only way you can tell what i mean is by using a can of crappy spray Paint and trying different pressures to acheive a slight rough surface…

barto_85
      Participant
      Quote:
      Thanks barto:blush: I see I even replied to that one:clown:. Guess I didn’t bookmark it after all. Sry for the re-post:)

Dont apologise, thanks for the reminder, its a great track. it is funny that you replied to that old post though.

Edited by – barto_85 on 15 January 2004 19:36:57

Admin
      Participant

that track is amazing, truely inspirational. just wodering, those insulating foam sheets used in the track, where do think i could find them? i was gonna use the normal packaging foam for my track but that stuff looks heaps better to work with.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      lol Panda, you have really put some thought into this:)

can’t stop thinkin’… :p

Quote:
      Here is a link I think might help you out for location at least. And yes lakes can be near the top of mountains:shock:.

Yeah, that makes sense. The lake seems to be a scenic sight where
      they go for dating (eg Tak’s 1st day out with Mogi) so that’s where
      the tourists & restaurants would be too. 😀

Quote:
      About the tofu? I do know that he has a glass of water that he usually starts and finishes with with the purpose of not spilling any

“Swirl the water” haha, yup.
      Guess he tosses it out the window with the tofu at top! 👿

Quote:
      (wish I could drive that smooth;)

Just takes practice. Smooth is always good as your tyres will have
      more Stiction than friction… stiction is the grip you have
      when tires aren’t sliding on the surface. Once you get them sliding
      they produce less grip than before – eg its easier to
      continue a powerslide then it is to start it.
      (“Break traction” == overcoming stiction)

kitsune
      Participant

I thought It was a mountain pass, so the shop could be on one side of the mountains, and the lake on the other… Accurate or not its an awsome track!

PandaBear
      Participant

I’m told Akina is a real place… hmmm, local residents must rue the day Initial-D came out.

Admin
      Participant

very true, i have a few pics of the place, the roads and petrol station!

PandaBear
      Participant

Oh oh oh… big Q here. 🙂

What comes after 3rd stage The Movie, is it

– Extra Stage

or

– Battle Stage

???

Admin
      Participant

third is the last, battle stage is just a movie of all the battles no story just the races. and extra stage is about the two girls, sayuki and mako in the sileighty.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

LOL i laughed when i saw the naked scene in the shower, anime nuditly lol!!!!

barto_85
      Participant

for those who care, they are releasing stages 4 and 5 this year i believe, and also creating a “real” movie, by real i mean real cars/people…should be interesting.

Admin
      Participant

yeah i heard about that, i think its gonna be a hongkong film directed by tsui hark.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.