…Introducing EVERBLUE

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      bithed
      Participant

…just a taste boys…not far till its all done and the fat lady sings…get the rest of the shots from the gallery 🙂

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/EVERBLUE/DSC05257.jpg

MiniKing
      Participant

That thing looks PHAT dude i love it…..really nice wide body kit….wat was the shell originally???is it a merc shell???

bithed
      Participant

…yup merc shell that has taken bloody ages to get this far…Clear blue layered over TAMIYA gloss aluminium…layered the masking so you get the two tone effect…I have some electronics to go into the grill too 😉 the rear spoiler is two alloy plates stuck together…the front scoop is a mystery too..cant remember what it is but it used to be something..lol…the scoop comes up THROUGH the bonnet 🙂 the whole thing is quite heavy now with putty…more a cruiser than a racer…

dgs73
      Participant

that merc is looking good… different enough shape to stand out from the crowd… (in case the paintwork did not turn heads to begin with!!) two thumbs up dood:approve::D

leonli17
      Participant

The colours reminds me of Toyota Sportivo Concept car. GOod job

bithed
      Participant

…more pictures coming once its done but have since…

..cleaned up the overspray and now i have nice smooth lines…

…layer of compound to fill in some gaps and show the shine…

…the silver mesh grill is in…

…rims are on the way…need to trim the windows to make them fit again, wire up the glow unit for the grill, final coat of pearl gloss topcoat…and we are good to go 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

sounds like it’s coming along nicely dood… what sort of mesh did you use for the grill? Looking at re-doing the Supra down the track…

bithed
      Participant

just some fine modelling mesh from the LHS…i think it was in the gundam section..lol…and when i finish this project i have to finish the Oakley NSX, finish the spray on the fire monster, sell some naked bodies on the net which i MIGHT spray first and then when all is said and done buy an airbrush in preperation for your purple people eater 🙂 DAMN i love this hobby 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

an Oakley NSX? Oh, do tell me more… i’m all ears. (as you know; you’ve seen the photo!!!:p) Might track out to the local hobby shop this weekend and seek out some meshing… (and put a lay-by on a certain mini t!!):D

bithed
      Participant

…Oakley CannonBall Racing ‘inspired’ NSX…LOTS of body work involved…its been on the back burner for ages…lol..like most of my design rojects but as everything settles down and its colder at nights then it all starts happening again…wait till you see the NEW monster body i will do too !! lol…it a funny one…

MUST wait for spring and release of Half 8…MUST !!! After that i will decide what platform to get…by then the mini T should be out and at a reasonable price..

dgs73
      Participant

what’s reasonable for you over that way? Readyset over here off the shelf for $300 or just under, if memory serves… cant wait to see the new Monster too…:smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

nice job bithead! i really like the effect of the clear blue layers over the silver, im going to have a go at that technique when i get home.

good to see some more modified z’s on the site!

personally i get more satisfaction from doing body mods (cosmetic) and im just getting started on one myself…

bithed
      Participant

…for sure Z-beam…im a painter not a racer…im a crap driver from way-back…and i get my jollies ut of putty and paint too..ill let the motor heads drive real fast…i will just pick up the girlies on the side line in my pimped ride..lol..

Keymaster

*laugsh* Sounds familiar – more fun building, tinkering and tuning than actually racing. I drove ‘ok’ but really I think a bit too 1:1 which doesn’t translate well to 1:10 or smaller.

It’s like watching kids play Sega Rally etc in an arcade they know how to drive the simulator but they don’t know have to drive a Rally car… even though one is a Sim of the other 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

..so many plans and so little time..i need at least MORE than a one day wekend to get everything done…last night i redid my pc, and then just vegged out perusing custom cars for ideas…It was an early night at 12:30 🙂 Up and at em again tonight though…gotta finish my monster asap too…

betty.k
      Participant

you’ll be pickin’ up smurf booty in no time with that sled!:D:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

smurfette.gif

its lookin nice!

z-beam
      Participant

whats the light source inside the car bithed?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.