Introducing the NanoDragon

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Introducing the NanoDragon

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

NanoDragon – 1/16th Scale Buggy (Mini Inferno Clone)
      I’ve had a NanoDragon kicking around the house for a little while now to test it out before landing them in the shop.

Now that our stock has started to come in I grabbed a nice new one to take some pics of to show them in some more detail.

1. The Package:
      Not much to see here. There’s a very plain black box and only a clear window on the top. The bodies are pre-painted lexan, decals/stickers are DIY. Colours available are Blue (shown), Red, White and Silver.

2. What’s in the Package:
      Opening the pack will reveal a complete Ready-to-Run NanoDragon chassis.

An excellent 10 model memory digital Transmitter with LCD for setup. The Transmitter is worth a few comment on it’s own. Quality is much improved over the earlier design and these now feel much mroe robust. The configuration and tuning ability of the transmitter is awesome.

Two manuals; one for the Transmitter and a smaller one for the chassis

Bag of Parts and tools; There rear wing, spare body clip, srews a multi-purpose spanner and screws etc.

3. The Chassis uncovered:
      If you’ve seen a Mini-Inferno you’ve seen a NanoDragon. The 4-wheel independent suspension has good long arms which and smoothly damped buy large shock units. All arms can be adjusted and also use “ball ends” at most attachment points.

Tyres are glued to the rims, and have a more road oriented tread.

There’s plenty of room for upgrading with 1/10th scale radio gear and the steering servo is a micro-version but still off-the-shelf replaceable.

At the rear of the chassis is a battery compartment for 6x AA batteries. We’re running 2500mAh NiMH with good results. Again this can be swapped to run an alternative saddle pack.

The only thing you have to do before running is install the antenna tube – feeding the generous length antenna wire up it.

4. & 5. Front and Rear Suspension:

Smooth damping, slick movement and long travel really make short work of bumps and lumps.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

1. Battery Compartment
      Slot in 6x AA and you’re in business.

2. The Body:
      Pre cut and prepaint lexan will be durable and if it gets too tatty any Mini Inferno cover can be used.

You get a sticker sheet so that you can choose what decals go where!

The stickers are printed on clear backing and are pre-cut, well finished and very sticky!

3. & 4. Together and Ready to Race
      As you can see we didn’t use all the provided decals and have added our own as well. Rear wing clips on. The buggy looks great!

5. Always dispose of Packaging Thoughtfully
      The box can keep some amused for hours!

NanoDragon is available Right Now in the ausmicro.com shop!
      Parts and Accessories range will be added in the coming weeks.

http://shop.ausmicro.net/index.php?cPath=66

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Oh and if you’re worried about parts support – ausmicro.com has just ordered a 7kg package of spares for the NanoDragons. Most plastic parts are in there.

Basic Hop-ups (full bearing sets, uni-drive shafts etc) are coming from TopCad

I also have coming some TopCad alloy bits and pieces for demo’ing..

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

ive seen an 8 cell batts, with 9.2 or was it 9.4v for the half 8 can the stock esc handle it???

Keymaster

It’d be 9.6v.

I’ve got a pack coming in for testing from Intellect – we’ll see how it goes.

Just adding in the Spare parts to the shop now. Ten in Thirty more to go!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster
      Aaron wrote:
      It’d be 9.6v.

Yep – 9.6v Intellect pack confirms this.

Aaron wrote:
      Just adding in the Spare parts to the shop now. Ten in Thirty more to go!

All NanoDragon spares are now entered.

I also have received the TopCad alloy parts and bearing sets. They’ll go up shortly.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

lol, looks like I’ll be buying some parts shortly mate. HPI buggy vs. half8. buggy wins………………lol

Also, for you fellas out there considering buying the nanodragon. It has gotten some pretty good reviews in the US.

Here’s a link to a thread on another forum for the nanodragon with a video as well!!!

http://p221.ezboard.com/fxmodrcfrm34.showMessageRange?topicID=182.topic&start=1&stop=20

(page 3 has the video)

cheers,

ph2t.

Keymaster

Also – one thing I’ve discovered from stripping mine down is that the NanoDragon has bearings right through the driveline with the only plastic bushes being out in the wheel hubs.

This means it’s a “cheap” 8 bearing set to gett he best driveline performance. The Topcad alloy doesn’t dissapoint, it looks great and has perfect finish. A single Atomic part that I got surprise surprise doesn’t fit properly. (what is it with atomic? Can’t they use a measuring tool correctly?)

8 cell battery pack is fun too.

Weighed some TopCad parts against theirplastic counterparts.. Interesting 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.