IRF7317 FETs – equal to SI4562DY

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Well I ve mentioned this in another thread about the SI4562DY and I d though it deserved it s own topic.

The IRF7317 FETs have equal capability (current handling) and virtually equal on resistance as the drive voltages provided by iWaver and Mini-Z ciruit boards. The differences are minimal and vary becuase they respond to higher and lower driver voltages slightly differently.

What does this mean?

Well becuase ausmicro.com has a direct line to the IRF distributers in Australia we can supply the IRF7317 for a mere AUD20.00 per set of 10 posted anywhere in Australia.

If you want to break out the PayPal a mere USD16.50 will get them to you anywhere in the world. That s right LESS THAN USD2.00 each.

With our first shipment arriving real soon we can take paid pre-orders right now!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’ll take 12 😀

mocky
      Participant

so ur saying these bad boys are nearly identical to the 4262’s but at 2 bucks a pop. hmmmmmm i think i may be interested.
      how will the differences affect performance?

Keymaster

mocky, yes they’re functionally identical according to the spec sheets. They do have different characteristics when dealing with the lower drive voltage that mini-Z electronics provides but ultimately end up being the ‘same’ at the voltages measured by ph2t.

The advantges are:
      The lower “on resistance” means that the FETs
      – Don’t heat up as much.
      – Run your motor a little harder (less wasted power in the FETs)

They apparently have a better surge profile at first switch on two which makes them marginally more agreesive ‘off the line’.

The great this is the price we can do them for considering the performance. To me the USD2.00 seems to be where most others end up as a minimum and in all honesty there’s no need for them to be priced so high.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

leonli17
      Participant

So does this mean the 7317 responde better to higher voaltage like 7.2V than 4.8V?

Keymaster

leonli17, the FETs are rated to 20v…. but it’s not about the voltage they’re switching, but the voltage level used to ‘trigger’ their switching.

If you were using 7.4v to trigger them you’d get a lower “on resistance” of about 0.05ohms down from about 0.062ish ohms

The SI4562DY I believe remain around the 0.06 ohm area but I’d have to check the datasheets again and can’t find my printed version at this instant….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.