Is it possible to get PERFECT alignment?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I opened up my Bit Charg and made sure that my magnet was centered but my car never goes in a straight line. I tried to adjust the knob at the bottom but it always ends up steering towards the left or right. Reverse is the same way. Has anybody ever gotten their car to go forward and reverse in a perfectly straight line?

Admin
      Participant

Can you pick up the car, turn the wheels one way and watch them spring back straight? If NO, Your spring ismissing or installed incorrectly. If yes but they don’t go back all the way or not all the time then you need to use dry graphite lube to lubricate all steering components. This includes the top and bottom pins of the white steering knuckle that go through the upper and lower frame holes, the steering bar holes at each end where it fits over the white steering knucles, the tops of the steering knuckle pins that hit the suspension bar. Also lube the front axles with dry graphite. All of these points have to be consistantly low friction or else the weak hair sized spring that returns the car to straight position can’t pull it back straight.The axles need lube because if one wheel getscaught up (even just a little bit) more than the other it will pull. Even if you get your car to go straight for a while it usually starts pulling one way or the other because it picks up ferrous particles from the floor and they stick to the housing around the steering because of the magnet. Just pull them off with a strong magnet when your steering acts funny.

Good luck, let us know if you find the problem

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Ok

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.