Is Radio Control addictive?

Home Forums General Chat Is Radio Control addictive?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Seems like a strange question – but over the years I’ve been playing with this stuff I’ve had times when my interest goes elsewhere, but I always end up coming back to making small cars break stuff against solid objects.

How about you?

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

what, are you kidding????? this stuff’s worse than crack!:D

who’da thunk it, 3 years ago i bought a crappy bit clone at the show.
      now i own (among other things) a mini z that cost more than my friend’s first 1:1 cars!:approve: :8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hi betty,

What do you think about a top controller?

betty.k
      Participant

oh yeah, i forgot! now i have a tx that has more features than the space shuttle!:D :8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I think a top controllor can be last for 4 to 5 years, also can give you 10% to 30% better handling and control. So you can be make 100 laps become 110 laps. It is work for me.

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve probably only used about 2% of the options. The fail safe option is quite interesting… but after a while I turned it off.

PandaBear
      Participant

RC is not an addiction (which by definition is CURABLE) but a Veneral Disease that, once it enters your bloodstream, you will have to live with for the rest of your natural life.

There is no known cure.

Usual symptoms of RC mania is wallet athrophy (wallet always empty), with secondary afflictions of having bits of RC gear laying everywhere. You know you’ve got it bad when you go buy video games that feature RC… recommended titles are ReVolt, RC De Go and Team Losi.

One can reduce the disease’s harmful effects by staying away from further contact; usual temples of temptation are commonly known as “Local Hobby Shop” and echoed in bibles such as “RCCA” (I buy it just for the articles, honest!).

It is not yet known if the RC disease is genetic or hereditary, but anecdotal evidence is suggesting it usually afflicts humans of the X-Y chromosone. Those of the Y-Y persuation usually acquire immunity or at least abhorence to the RC idea; certainly the afflicted XYs outnumber YYs by about 5000:1.

Although it is a serious disease, carriers are usually able to live their full life expectancy (nb. carcinogenic effects of nitromethane only in State of California – sorry Arnie). Most are able to live a relatively “normal” lifestyle, usually by suppressing their RC interests during reproductive periods (ie leave their toys in the shed, not the bedroom).

But this noxious disease will soon spread once the afflicted’s offspring reaches approximately 4-6 years of age… whence the X-Y carrier will inadvertently get tempted to propogate the “joys of RC”.

There is No Escape.

leonli17
      Participant

LOL….Addictive is an understatement for RC. it grabs on to ya and suck ur wallet dry and ur time away slowly without u noticing it.

Admin
      Participant

My kid loves em, the wife barely tolerates it.

I start therapy next week……..:clap:

BludyYank
      Participant

If you made the question less specified you really are asking.. ‘Is doing something fun and interesting addictive?’
      Unless you are a rotting stick mired in a bog or your just bloody crackers, hell yes it is.
      What gives anything fun the stigma of ‘addiction’ is the money and time spent in relation to ‘how’ much you have or ‘should’ apply to it and ‘who’ exactly is complaining about the fact you are spending all that time and money on fun. Which is what Pandabear’s dissertation and others were eluding to.
      For those who have that closely related source of ‘complainant’, their angst is usually due to the fact that they either don’t understand the fun of it, are not able to participate and have fun with it, and they’d rather you be shuffling along behind them through some shopping mall dress shoppe as they have their ‘fun’ scanning for so-called ‘bargains’.
      Unless of course you’ve managed to score a significant other who shares a like passion for the same outlets of fun as you do.(Yank reveals his scorebook and points to the ‘Divorced’ notation).
      But really, it’s all good, interesting, mind involving fun that happens to cost a bit more than most other fun.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.