it was only a matter of time, good ol lego!

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical it was only a matter of time, good ol lego!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i just discovered something cool, see the tyres on this lego car?

Alt384x288us008380.jpg

they fit beautifilly on wide mr01 wheels! i ve only got a pair from a motorbike kit i got a while back. but i ve seen these wheelsets in other kits and i m willing to bet they re available alone through lego online. they re semi pneumatic, the rubber is about 30 – 40 degree and measure 30.4 x 14mm, fricken huge, exactly what i m after! looks like old habbits die hard hey!:D
      they won t fit any bodies without modding, and the front tyres will rub the chassis when turning, but these are minor obstacles. i ve got 4 spare wide tyres, and toyworld s just up the road. i m gonna love this!!:p:8ball:

Super Max Power
      Participant

I can’t wait to see what you come up with betty.

ph2t
      Participant

cool man 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

it’s all good! check dis!:p

Happy%20snaps%2821%29.jpg

they work so well, only coming unseated during rollovers. as can be expected torque is reduced and top speed is better, but i’m currently runnig a 9t pinion so dropping down to a 6t will make it spit dirt! the tyres themselves are great, plenty grippy on concrete and a little bouncy. i can go across the grass too, thanks to the larger diameter. it gets stuck sometimes in a tall part BUT. lego comes to the rescue again!:shock:

this car has the same rims as the other, so i can only assume that these tyres will fit just as well.
      Alt384x288us008383.jpg

how good is that!!!!!:p

and the first person that says “why don’t you just buy an overland” is gonna cop a punch in tha neck!:dead::8ball:

bithed
      Participant

…betty you have WAY too much free time…:)

z-beam
      Participant

nice one!!! i love it…

custom jobs are so much more rewarding…

i just repaired my z, the h-plate and motor casing were cracked. nothing a bit of putty and some plastic off a 20 pack of batteries couldn’t fix. a freind payed $50 for it broken and gave it to me for free… now its z-beams dodgy mini-z!

thanx betty for the home made h-plate idea!!! you saved me lotsa $$$.

brendan
      Participant

man i have about 10 of them tyres i would be willing to give to u. 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Hello all, Gfunk here from across the pond. I just wanted to say I’ve found that ALOT of lego tires seem to mount very well to most of the racer wheels. One in particular, is the soft-rubbery off-road wheels that are pretty new, the same ones that arch2b put on his Hummer OL. Anyway, if you put a pair of these babies on either semi-wides or wides on a Z, you can do some decent off-roadage, such as being able to drive on most dirt surfaces and brick walkways, ect. It also allows for greater ground clearance, more stability (with the tires being wider than usual) and a greater amount of things you can now go over, such as large power cords or rugs around the house. Being real soft rubber, they even work great on slick surfaces! Just a little suggestion of another Lego tire that I can say works great with personal experience.

merc-blue
      Participant

hey gfunk… welcome to ausmicro…

Admin
      Participant

Thank you for the welcome. I know the above wasn’t much of an intro post, but I just had to post my success!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn brendan, want to offload them wheels??

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.