Its here! 2-speed Boost Up!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 17October2002

I’d like to see them put joysticks in instead of buttons, makes it feel more like an R/C then a toy! I saw the mod for it somewhere – probably QFM…

Nothing personal, Chris… but RC = TOY.. :smiley3: Coming from one who’s played for 25+ yrs, RC is my life – but its still very much a toy.

Why don’t you mod one of your TXes with sticks? You might soon also discover that the TX box is too small to give enough leverage to use sticks, unless the TX is stuck to a table. Good idea in concept, but lacks a little in the implementation.

Admin
      Participant

This is the kind of thing you need for controlling a booster car:

The trigger control is off some cheap Nikko R/C car and didn’t work so I wired it up to behave like an ordinary joystick for Spectrums/Amigas etc., only the trigger controller has two forward settings which would be ideal for wiring up to the booster button.

Admin
      Participant

Is this someDIY booster system? Man that’s talent =)

Admin
      Participant

K.I.T.T so you press the trigger once and it drives normally, then you press it down further and you get the boost right? Thats pretty awesome man :smiley1:

PandaBear
      Participant

Putting the boost button above the “go” button would have been a lot handier… hmm… not hard to add an extra pushswitch with flyleads…!

Admin
      Participant

Chris, yep that’s the idea only it’s plugged into an ordinary OEM controller that’s single speed, have yet to get a booster setup I can really make it work with.

Admin
      Participant

Oh hey you guys must not know about the joystick port project I did with my first OEM Bullet controller as I did this like over 6 months ago. Check it out: http://62.188.32.182:1453/~rid/OEMjoystickport/

Admin
      Participant

Wills,

where did you buy the fairlady Z?

Trueno
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you can switch the Fairlady and Auto Modelista set to run at full speed only like with the four band controller.

Thanks

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Shypo on 20October2002

where did you buy the fairlady Z?

Usual hongkers place.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Trueno on 20October2002

Just wondering if you can switch the Fairlady and Auto Modelista set to run at full speed only like with the four band controller.

Nup, can’t switch anything (not like “B” or “C” on the 4-band).

Then again, it wouldn’t be very hard to solder in a switch or jumper to short out the boost button and put it permanently on. (Already have some unique ideas, but didn’t want to hack up this 1-n-only Zed.)

I’m wondering myself what happens if we use a ‘normal’ 57M controller with the Zed… unfortunately this is my only 57 set.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.