I’ve finished my work on 2 new overland bodies

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion I’ve finished my work on 2 new overland bodies

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      arch2b
      Participant

After what felt like an eternity, I’ve finished the custom work for my new Land Cruiser and Pajero AutoScales!
      Both have nearly identical setups, only modified to better fit each other respectively. This includes a new roof rack design that first apeared on another very important Overland 😉 and a newly deisgned light set, inspired by Brinsley’s work;) .

I did not take the “documentary” style pictures of these projects as I found myself more focused on completing them… Both were done at the same time which made alot of the work much easier and saved time. As a perfectionist…I have to note that I don’t have the right spare tire on the roof rack of the Pajero…a small detail, but bugs me still. This should be resolved as soon as Mini-Z’s Overland parts order arrives!

For the roof racks , the new design consists of only 3 frame members, the mounting screws, screen and small retaining bar at the rear. My goal was to reduce the number of breakable parts and make it more efficient to build. I decided to solder the mounting screws directly inside the main frame member ends that rest on the roof to increase strength and achieve a cleaner look. The new light set remains the same except for a redesigned light bar using 5mm leds with individual mounting rings then framed togther and a relocated on/off switch , now on the battery terminal cap rather than on the roof. I like this much more my original light bar. I chose to mount the spare tire using a custom screw connection rather than tie down straps on the previous one. I managed to loose a tire already that way:rolleyes: . The spare shocks on each are now held down with zip ties in an effort to keep these from flying off during the enevitable rollovers and crashes;) .

So, without further ado…i will show some pictures and await your comments/reviews/suggestions and maybe, questions. I am always looking to improve…
      IMG_0035.sized.jpg

Here are a few more Pajero pictures.

Pajero from the top
      Pajero in the wild
      Meeting on the trail (at night)
      Pajero leads the way

Here are a few Land Cruiser pictures.
      Land Cruiser from the top
      Land Cruiser in the wild
      Meeting on the trail (at night)
      Land Cruiser leads the way

Edited by – arch2b on 29 July 2003 00:42:34

ph2t
      Participant

Dang man that’s some mad work right there. Makes me wanna buy a Z just to put lights on it, lol!

ph2t.

VR-4
      Participant

what kind of leds did you use i put some on my skyline and my whit foglamps look blue

arch2b
      Participant

i get my leds from http://www.eled.com

light bar:
      E7114QWC-D – 5MM WHITE LED 3200mcd
      headlights:
      E7104QWC-D – 3MM WHITE LED 2200mcd

DaveF
      Participant

That looks excellent. Great work. Nice photos too.

barto_85
      Participant

they look great man, top job.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.