iw01 steering prob

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Z-Nagual
      Participant

I have an iw01 pcb in a mini-z setup. For some reason the steering wont go back to the centre position properly. It goes staight to start off with but if i turn left (or right). when I stop turning The wheels dont centre properly. They stay slightly to the left or right depending on which way you just steered it. If I replace the original steering fet, will it solve the problem?

merc-blue
      Participant

probly a dead steering pot

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah iwavers are good cheap fun. real cheap!!

if the steering pot is dirty then this site should help, step by step process and pictures.

http://minizcanada.com/tech/suspension.php

if that dont work then its a broken pot, a steering pot aint that much, if you use a kyosho pot u can use kyosho or after market steering gears which are alot better then iwaver quailty.!

so if your up for a bit of soldering it is not much of a problem

hope it helps.

betty.k
      Participant

it’s more likely the servo pot. have a look back through the forums, we’ve covered this before8ball.gif

Z-Nagual
      Participant

thanks guysthumbs_up.gif. you’ve saved me a lot of trouble once againbig.gif.

Z-Nagual
      Participant

changed the pot and the servo motor to kyosho and it still does the same thing, even a bit worseangry.gif. I noticed theres only one fet for the steering. Instead oftwo like on the mini-z pcb.If I use a 7317 fet instead will it work at all? The Whole servo is kyosho now so I dont think thats the problem.

Z-Nagual
      Participant

I’m using a mini-z controller as well. would that make a difference?

TallduDe
      Participant

yer could be some the problems.

everytime i used my mini z controller wih the iwavers they acted strange, try the iwaver controller see if it werks.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.