iWaver 01 Pro , which spares are mandatory?

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical iWaver 01 Pro , which spares are mandatory?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      azza2000
      Participant

OK

I have decided to buy a 01 Pro and an 04 form TE.

I ve skipped though the forum and have a pretty good idea of what are the good upgrades but thought I might consoldate everyones ideas and experiences in the one thread.

When ordering the 01 and 04 from TE what are the parts you would recommend buying at the same time? Which parts are likely to break and need replacement or which parts are good upgrades to get straight away? (bearings? etc.)

Also, If I place an order with Rcmart which parts are worth buying? (motor heatsink, ball diff, foam tyres etc)

I m selling up some of my nitro s so I will have a bit to spend on some upgrades, but I dont want to waste money on straight out Bling Bling upgrades.

Sorry for the noobiness of my question :), but it would help me a lot for some good answers.

Keymaster

For the 04, go the alloy front damper stay, and the alloy knuckles.

For the 01 go bearings, and carbon H-plates plus some softer tyres. Ball-diff is always good.

Alloy wheelnuts for both!

From then on you start needing to ask yourself how fast you’d like to go and how much you’d like to handle!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

icebreaka
      Participant

What I would do.. for the 01..

STEP 1

BEARINGS [ the beginning ]
      SOFTER TIRES
      SS KINGPINS
      CF H-PLATE
      ALLOY WHEEL NUTS

STEP 2 [ advanced tuning ]

Ball Differential
      Roll Shock
      Front suspension

STEP 3 [ speed ]

X-SPEED motor

or FETS/TURBO + HOTass motor

STEP 4 (when things break or when u want)

ALLOY PARTS inc. knuckles, wheels, motormount, battery heatsink, tie-rod etc…

Edited by – icebreaka on 01 January 2005 15:32:16

azza2000
      Participant

OK, so are most of these parts just a straight swap/install? (besides the FET upgrades)

Is RCMart the place to go? Or is there somewhere in Aus which might be cheaper for a smaller order?
      the AusMicro shop doesn’t have everything I want.

z-beam
      Participant

azza, get what you can from the local supplier (ausmicro) its very well priced and the postage aint going to eat into your parts budget!

what else are you after?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.