Iwaver 02M FET’s

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dangerous Dave
      Participant

not that anyone would really care lol, but the FET’s on an Iwaver 02M board are the well known SI 4562’s.

I checked this out today cos I think I blew them using the 02M board to run my cursed Mini X.

Surprisingly, it powered the Mini X along quite well, but a rock jammed in a driveshaft and upped the amp draw.

I have to give the 02M board some credit, as a Mini X motor is about 70t, running a hefty 4WD drivetrain and on 5 cells! The ability to power a mini servo makes it perfect for the Mini X, and would be the perfect partner for a 2s lipo pack mounted on the other side of the chassis 😉

Just ordered a pack of these “new” SP8M4 FETs, will put a 2×2 stack on the 02M and see what happens…

Admin
      Participant

You should love the SP8M4 Fets. A 2×2 stack can run some serious heat. Me and a buddy of mine Flashsp-2 are in agreement that these SP8M4 Fets are the best FETs out right now aside from installing a Nelly on your car.:D
      cheers :beer:

jimmy
      Participant

hey wat about the spider there supoesed to be better than a 6×2 or somthing

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

a strip of FETs from ausmicro shop is cheaper than a turbo, and can modify more than one car.

Performance may not be quite up there, but is still impressive.

Admin
      Participant

jimmy – I don’t own a Spider, but I do own a few Nelly turbos. The Nelly EVO is similar but slightly larger than the Spider v4.0. Yes, the Spider can handle a lot of power. Ausmicro has the Spider v4.0 listed as outperforming a 8×2 stack of IRF7317 mosfets with a resistance of ~10mOhms.:D I believe a 2×3 stack of the SP8M4 FETs would be pretty-comparable to the Spider v4.0 specs. The thing is, and I’ve had this happen to me, if you are running a blazing-hot wind (hotter-than /= plasmatomic-range) then you run the risk of having heat build up in the FET stack which can lead to failure. A Nelly/Spider is a bit safer since the FETs are separate from the PCB, and are laid-out in a single layer for superior thermal characteristics.
      Dangerous Dave is right though. For around $5US (If you install them yourself) a 2×2 SP8M4 stack is a killer deal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.