Iwaver 02m turbo & lipo

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi guys,

i havent been on here for a while, something breaks and time slips away, but basically i want to install a lipo pack (7.4v) so i can run longer than 5-10mins!

i purchased the spider v3 about a year ago, and installed it fine along with my plasmatomic motor, this thing hammered but would only get 10mins max out of her. so i thought i could install a lipo and 5v reg without too much h***les..

well i cant remember how i hooked her up, but turned it on, so far so good, no smoke! gave the throttle a quick blip, and she wound up like a jet engine and my month old spider v3 ended in flames. RIP

Havent had the time to get her fixed until now, and have just purchase the black widow, and dont want it to go down the same path as my spider v3.

So im after some help to install a lipo pack with 5v reg on my iwaver 02m with plasmatomic & spider v4!

as i fried my spider v3 when i tried to install a lipo pack with 5v reg

klims
      Participant

im not sure how well it would work given the space restrictions, but a UBEC would definitely do the trick. ive been using them in other applications and they seem to work well.
      i havent seen many 5v regulator ICs around that would be able to handle the current draw you need

Admin
      Participant

thanks klims, your a legend!

i’ve ordered one, so when i get it, i’ll take some shots and let you know how i go. i believe this will be the answer to my problems!

Cheers mate,

ephect

klims
      Participant

not a problem. im looking forward to seeing how your gonna get the sucker to fit!

klims
      Participant

How did this go for you Ephect? I got my UBEC in a few days ago and it looks way too big to fit on a miniz. Did you buy the same one I posted a link of?

Admin
      Participant

yea i got that same one, its kinda chunky, but i’ll make it fit say in the window area, but its of no use atm, waiting for my turbo to be sent out before i can even trial it.. so its just sitting round atm.. i got it a week after ordering so good turn around

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.