Iwaver 04 is OUT!!! It’s Madforce but better.

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Iwaver 04 is OUT!!! It’s Madforce but better.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

Iwaver 04 Is OUT in TOYEAST. Grab it while u can. SICK Controller!!!!!!!!!!!! Has E{A on throttle and steering.It has 10 model memory, as well as ABS brake.
      Kinda like a MX3 controller except it’s AM. for $50US nothing to complain!!!!
      Check it OUT GUys!!!

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=A09000244

leonli17
      Participant

Sorry to get ur hopes up guys. I just found on the bottom of the photo, it says that the TX has ABS but the 04 RX doesn’t have brake. Damn. But for $50USD, it’s still pretty good.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah someone get one to test if they are alrite.

iwaver build quailty aint that great man imagine the damage done to these things if you took it off road. hell if a kyosho monster isnt that strong (stock) imagine an iwaver with shitty plastics and such.

alloy is a must ill be guessing.

betty.k
      Participant

wow! so how does the brake work on the tx? will this tx work on a rx with brake?:8ball:
      a09000244a.jpg

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah someone get one to test if they are alrite.

iwaver build quailty aint that great man imagine the damage done to these things if you took it off road. hell if a kyosho monster isnt that strong (stock) imagine an iwaver with shitty plastics and such.

alloy is a must ill be guessing.

i can see i’m not needed here…:D:D

bithed
      Participant

…so should i stock up on REAL monster parts now ? 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

uh, yes… lol 😀 btw, i only have 3 Monster wheels now… heavy landing last weekend cracked one in half. Had taken a big chip out a few weeks ago, and forgot to check it i guess. As a result, the thing is back up on bricks yet again:angry:

Edited by – dgs73 on 01 December 2004 11:58:44

bithed
      Participant

i have a slightly chipped one i can flow you 🙂 It’ll be in your next shipment..

dgs73
      Participant

chrome or white dood? Legend either way… much appreciated:approve::D

bithed
      Participant

chrome…i really should mail you today sp we can catch up…typing now 😉

dgs73
      Participant

sweet… i’ll be off here soon for the day anyway

Priest
      Participant

heya guys can someone tell me the difference between the overland and the monster is it just shell and tyre size or are they other differences

dgs73
      Participant

Monster was designed on the overland chassis, with a few changes to accommodate larger wheels, plus the mounting (shell to chassis) is different. Due to higher mount on Monster the front and rear shock towers are different. Shocks are the same (i have o.l. oil shocks on my Monster), any other differences allude me at the moment… Bithed; wanna lend a hand dood?:D:D

bithed
      Participant

same battery case, same esc, same antenna, same crystal, same wheel nuts, same pillow balls; 4.8 and 5.8…umm…bearing sizes are different…rear axle is fatter, knuckles are fatter, rear gear box is different…the floppy bits that hold the front and rear to the battery case are diffrent…body mounts are different…dampers stays are BASICALLY the same but only one size on monster, scraping the bottom of the barrel now…um…the monster is cooler…COG feels lower but that MIGHT just be the body type…oil shox fit both…BASICALLY the Monster is a chunky OL but in reality they are quite differnt machines…Hope this helps some…

dgs73
      Participant

thanks mate… too hot here to think what small differences there are between the two… but between us we’ve pretty much covered it:approve:

Priest
      Participant

thanks for that guys i think you just about covered it all 🙂 cause i was looking at hopups for the 04 and thought the gpm alloy motor mount for OL would fit the MZM 🙂

Priest
      Participant

hehehe and here in the West its a nice balmy 26C :p

dgs73
      Participant

mate our workshop is easily 40 degrees atm… too f**k’n hot. However, beer o’clock has just rolled around…:approve:

z-beam
      Participant

mmmmm beer and monster trucks… just what i’d like for christmas:D

Keymaster

I’m bringing in an 04 with the group buy. Will be able to do side by side comparo with my MZ from Bithed (when it arrives ;))

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Priest
      Participant

now the question of the day is……….i read on another forum that there will be a radical redesign of the monster early next year so if iwaver is changing the design does that mean kyosho is working on a new monster? be interesting to find out if that is the case

TallduDe
      Participant

if they are changing it lets hope for 4WD!!!!!!!!!

even a zip zap monster has aprimative 4wd system and its 1:64th scale.

Priest
      Participant

yeah thats what i was hoping they will change it to 4wd cause it aint really a monster if its not 4wd 2wd its just a truck with big wheels 🙂

ph2t
      Participant

priest, you can hack the gpm alloy front servo case and mount it in with the rest of the plastic front servo case. this stops the front pillow ball mounts from cracking….that happens after you get an alloy front damper mount. and trust me, if you get the iw04, you will get the alloy damper mount a week later….

ph2t.

Priest
      Participant

hehehe ph2t ive already ordered them 🙂

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.