iWaver “Alumium” parts? Any good?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

Anyone tried these?

a01400627a.jpg

Keymaster

Not those ones in particular, but a similar design int he 01…. They kill ground clearance unde rthe mount to the point of sand almost being raked up 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

nice to see i-waver design their own parts rtather than copying other designs tho…

arch2b
      Participant

well, there is only so many ways to design the same part. it’s not all that different fromeither the pn racing or atomic version. i don understand your train of thought though. it’s nice to see originality rather than rebranding another manufactuer.

z-beam
      Participant

exactly, its similar but different… shows they aint just about riping off others products

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Are they same thing?

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_474_476&products_id=6587

If yes, it is 1.5 years old product from 3 Racing and it is design for MR-02 or MR-015 RM 94mm wheel base only, which is not fit with MM and 90mm RM chassis, beware!

Admin
      Participant

I got the special TITAN kit for my Kyosho mini-z Monster from IWaver (all alloy) very cool indeed and the quality and finishing very nice. I race my Monster for few km and i would say that are very good, except the problem that nuts and screws do not keep very well on alloys. You must put l little iron glue in the wholes in order to keep in place, because of the vibration.

But in general i am very satisfied and all 13 something upgrades are very pretty

Keymaster

Yeah screw length seems to be the only problem compared to other brands. As you say a little Loktite etc works wonders!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Got a new batch of iWaver mounts yesterday…. Screws are slightly longer!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

the only prob is that most sites, like rcmart and toyeast are not selling iwaver cars or products any more???? does any one has info about it. i was ready to purchase just a iwaiver 02 for fun, for USD 25.00 and install all the extra parts slowly in time, but all discontinued to sell them any more.

Keymaster

They’ll just be out of stock. Keep checking the stores. Also the Firelap 2.0 continues the MR02 compatibility now that iWaver have released their new look 2.0

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.