iwaver board datas?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      jollyboss
      Participant

Hello!
      I need to know how much volts and amps can handle the stock iwaver 02 board,can anyone help me?
      thanks!
      bye!

ph2t
      Participant

Hey Jolyboss. Due to the simple steering “h-bridge in a chip” system on the iwavers you really can’t go above 4.8V. You will fry the steering motor chip if you do so. You can stop this by placing a 2-3Ohm resistor in series with the steering motor when driving the PCB on 6cells nimg or 2S li-ion/poly.

As for amps, nothing below 40 – 45 turns on 4.8V.

cheers,

ph2t.

jollyboss
      Participant

ok,thanks!
      With 2-3 Ohm you mean 1 resistor per wire?Do they exist so small?(2-3 Ohm?)

klims
      Participant

yeah dude just on one of the motor wires. yes you can get them that low, but they are pretty hard to find. not likely to get them from your average electronics store.

jollyboss
      Participant

Can anyone help me in doing this mod with an iwaver EB?

http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Evolution-Project-X-Z.aspx?utm_source=newsletter_15&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_15

here’s the pic
      img0015gj3.jpg

Circle black:negative battery link
      circle red:…guess what??? 😀
      square it’s the motor…
      Actally I don’t know whci of each couple is + or -…I remember for sure that they were alterante…but I don’t remember which of the servo motor and pot wires is the positive and negative…

circle yellow is servo motor and green the pot wires…I think… 😕

***EDIT***

the 2 hlos circle-rounded are not tp plug batteries,but near each one there’s a soldered tip…those are to plug batteries…

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve done the same sorta thing, transplanting iw boards where they don’t normally go.

i forget which is pos or neg when it comes to the servo motor/pot wires but trial and error is fine. if the servo is reversed swap both the motor and pot wires (or if your tx has a servo reverse switch…)

if the servo is trying to pull all the way to one side then just swap the servo motor wires.

the power switch goes on the pos battery lead, just be sure to choose a switch that will cope with the current. better yet ditch the switch. :8ball:

jollyboss
      Participant

AM I right with the pos/neg battery connection on the board,the ones near the motor?
      I wouldn’t like to plug the battery and fry everything…
      about the switch,I’ll go to bypass it,using a dean..this should not be a problem..I’ll run a speedy 07 BB,nothing so drawing…it has 52 turns…

betty.k
      Participant

here ya go, i’ve labelled the v+ and v- in the attached pic. :8ball:

jollyboss
      Participant

great,so I’m right also to about motor plugs…I’ll try this after I finish two other projects that are giving me som troubles…
      thanks!

betty.k
      Participant

@jollyboss 226336 wrote:

so I’m right also to about motor plugs

yep, same deal. if it runs backwards swap the wires or reverse the channel :8ball:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.