Iwaver light set… FETS get warm !?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      kevsta
      Participant

I was up at Daves’ placea couple of weekends agoand noticed that he had a light set installedin his mini-z which looked absolutely awesome with the super bright leds. So knowing that I had two of these light sets sitting in the spare parts box for almost 1.5 years, I decided to install these using a dremel and some shoe goo to keep it in place.

I take the mini-z’s for a run in the lounge rooms doingfigure 8’s for about 10 minutes or so like you do when nothing good is showing on tv and noticedthat afterwards the nelly heats up considerably… So I’m wondering if the nelly gets quite warm, then the stock fets would get quite hot…

Has anyone else experienced this, and has anyone blown stock fets from running a light set ?

Btw. the cars look awesome with the light set, I should have fitted these sooner.

z-beam
      Participant

i run my hummer overland with an neo magnet so5 motor (PN) and a light set no worries with stock fets. looks great, drives great… and they are the i-waver light sets. im tempted to get another light set to run 2 at once!

peteWah
      Participant

Yeah, get those lights on the roof of the H2 working :p

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.