Iwaver on ebay.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      blurrc
      Participant
      Dangerous Dave
      Participant

NanoRacer 2 is the best Mini Z (MR02) copy, I have one.

Mini Z MR02 parts are interchangeable (mostly), plastic quality is ok.

Bodies are good quality, and very robust.

Steering is a bit weak and sometimes jittery, but still quite driveable.

The included transmitter has loads of functions, very handy, I use mine for several rc models.

For roughly the same price you could get a Mini Z MR015.

better quality electronics/plastics.

Limited transmitter functions.

Nice, but more fragile, bodies.

Slightly higher centre of gravity, but unless racing probably won’t matter.

Get bearings either way 😉

just some more info to consider 🙂

blurrc
      Participant

Woah the way you set that post up confuses me… are you saying…..
      That the nanoracer2 is the best miniz mr02 copy but…
      I should also consider a mini z mr015?

Thanks anyway lol

EDIT:

Huh from what I found mini z mr015 is $130us thats a fair bit more unless you know of a better place to by them?

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

3 pin servo D-Dave?

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

NanoRacer is like Mini Z, integrated 4 wire servo.

The only one with a standard 3 pin servo that I know of is the Iwaver 02M (IW01 has 5 pin servo – wtf? lol)

kevsta
      Participant

In my opinion an no disrespect to the people that like clones, you should spend a little bit extra to get the mini-z mr015i. I recall that these were around the $130 mark when the dollar was a lot stronger.

http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/product_info.php?cPath=114&products_id=22341&osCsid=da2e697693c2a6f41a58b39f6f6c3148

The plastics and quality of the electronics of the clones just don’t match kyosho quality. I bought a clone previously and had to replace so many parts, actually I replaced the entire car with kyosho mr02 parts – a very expensive exercise. You really get what you pay for.

Admin
      Participant

I’ve got to agree with kevsta on this one, i started with the 1st Gen Iwaver 01 and it was horrid, i manage to break the stock plastic with on th Xspeed(WTF), ended up replacing the whole chassis, then after that the board fried.. But that being said the replacement kyosho board still had steering and interference issues. Second clone was the 1st Gen Iwaver 02(white plastic) was a good clone dead stock, electronics i found comparable to the MR-02.
      My latest clone was the Iwaver 02M was good when i just got it, but after a year of storage and vigorous driving it also died.

If you HAD to buy a clone the 02M would be my choice, simply because if the board fried, you have a servo that will take standard electronics. Otherwise get a real Z hobbyco had MR-01 for 130aud if i remember correctly.

Renton
      Participant

I tend to agree also.

In saying that I am onto my 3rd chassis on my kyosho MA010. Mind you, its a little overpowered for my living room, but this isnt going to stop me 🙂

I have had no real breaks that havent been caused by my stupidity.

Id say later in the year Im gunna move my way into a pan style set up like colouro (i think that was his member name) now makes under greyscale.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

the NanoRacer quality is much improved over the older Iwavers (I have those as well). Still not up to Kyosho though.
      However, the Tx is way beyond the Kyosho unit.

The Iwaver 02M is good, comes with 4562 FETs standard.
      Only mine doesn’t work any more 🙁 (failed Tx/Rx link).

blurrc
      Participant

I would get a Mini z mro15 but the dollar is not so good at the moment and I would rather hold out for a mini z awd. I am just gonna go or the Drift Package Light and put a tamiya hyper dash 😀 😀 motor in it while I wait till I have a bit more dough.

kevsta
      Participant

I think the drift package light is more of an expensive rc toy car. If I recall, looking at the you tube clip, the steering isn’t analog, ie. like toy rc cars either center or full lock left or right. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

But I’m sure it’ll satisfy your thirst for some drifting action. Not sure if it could be used as a racer though.

blurrc
      Participant

The DPL comes with onroad tires so you can use like a normal racer and with some tweaking I am sure you could get it up to some decent speed

Admin
      Participant

http://www.hobbyco.com.au/product/show_item.php?plu=KY30786R
      BAM, MR-015 for 139AUD in Sydney. That’s a done deal.

blurrc
      Participant

woah thats awesome thanks alot.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.