iwaver pro vs. pn anima

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

hey guys. i recently invested in a pn anima modified motor thinking that it would replace my iwaver pro. after running it in and all that i hooked up the motor and took it for a test drive only to be serverely let down. it went like crap! it had no acceleration and absolutely no top speed, and it also let out a god awful squealing sound. i think that might have been due to some kind of binding in the gears. im still using the stock mounts. does anyone own a anima? do i have no idea what i am doing, or is the iwaver pro supposed to be a better motor? i really hope not considering the price difference…

thanks for you input guys

TallduDe
      Participant

well its an iwaver when you get agood one they rock but when you dont they sux.

quality control is the issue. i ad a nomal iwaver motor that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then the the iwaver pro. in fact the normal iwaver motor was faster then any hot motor i had. but for the money get two iwaver motors one of them is bound to be good.

Ogier
      Participant

If you’re engine mounts aren’t letting the gears mesh neatly then this will really kill speed.
      It’s like driving with the hand brake on.

Yep I heard about QC issues before, didn’t think it could be that bad until I got a Firelap 2.0 🙂

klims
      Participant

i dont believe it. i paid 12 bucks for my iwaver and 40 for my pn. i guess i will just have to wait for my motor mount and try it then. is it possible that the bb can is stuffed? has anyone had any issues with can beadings?

kevsta
      Participant

The squeling sound can’t be good. Have you tried turning the armature by hand to see if it’s binding anywhere in the motor can ?

Also push the tip of the armature to see if there is any play within the motor can. Some play is good – if it doesn’t move then you might need to open it up and remove a shim.

Ogier
      Participant

The stock iwaver 01 does have spacer plates and the Firelap 2.0 or Iwaver 02 has different brackets to space the motor further away for bigger pinions.

Don’t you have any of those that you can use to get the gear mesh right??

Cheers! Oggy.

klims
      Participant

thanks for your help guys. it turns out there is not binding anywhere and the motor is fine. for some reason it squeals with a 6t pinion in it with the standard spacers, but when i put my alloy 9t in it works a treat. this motor is mental! it has ridiculous amounts of acceleration…although it is a little slower than my iwaver. its perfect for my mr02 drifting!

Keymaster

Klims – the extra torque means you shoudl think about running bigger pinions 😉

That will get speed back up there.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

yeah i figured as much. atm its not possible as i am still waiting on that motor mount and 9t is as high as the stock spacers go. and anyway its not in my interest because im screaming my mini z around my house on the floor boards. there was no where near enough room for me to stretch it out with the old setup even though i was running a 6t. i was constantly destroying it in my effort to get it sideways.

klims
      Participant

so i pulled my iwaver pro to piece thinking i was gonna “modify” it only to find that its a 20t motor! no wonder why it was killing my pn anima (33t).
      i’ve been running this with my spider 2.1 with no problems. it doesn’t even get hot! does anyone know at what number of turns i’m pushing the limit of my spider? i’m happy to test it, but i really dont want to blow it up in the process

Ogier
      Participant

Wow, I didn’t realise the pro was such a low wind motor – no wonder I’m afraid to run it on my stock boards 🙂

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.