iwaver’s.. are the parts really compatible with miniz’s?

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion iwaver’s.. are the parts really compatible with miniz’s?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      elusiver
      Participant

Hi all..

just speaking the a HS guy about iwavers.. and he was basically givin them a good bag.. don’t know if there was any basis for this though. I get the part about them being a cheaper ‘ripoff’ of the miniz.. but i thought all parts were interchangable with miniz parts, but he said that alot of the miniz parts don’t fit the iwaver.. can anyone give me abit of unbiased info??

el 🙂

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

I bought an Iwaver 02. It was crap, worked for about 4 battery runs. Steering was always jittering, would only work sometimes, could not get it to steer straight then wires fell off. Came to my senses and bought a KYOSHO, have not looked back, chalk and cheese, far better quality. Only my experiences though, maybe others have had better runs. If you want to enjoy your hobby, then you should try to eliminate things that cause you grief such as poorly made cars.

Cheers
      Paul

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Are you always lucky?

Two case:
      1. you give-up play Mini RC after you try iWaver with a lot of iWaver upgrade parts.
      2. you want to pay more to get the real Mini-Z from Kyosho after you try iWaver.

For me, I want the QC..

Good Luck….

Kerosene
      Participant

I think most of the parts are interchangeable, but you can get plenty of cheap iWaver spares from TE anyway.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with iWavers. Yes they are cheap knock offs, and the quality is nothing compared to Kyosho – but for the price they are a great deal.

If you want to go carpark bashing then the iWavers are good enough. If you have a nice track to race on, then the Kyoshos are a million times better.

My Kyosho never goes outside – so it doesn’t get used much. I don’t give a crap about my iWavers, so I end up having way more FUN modding them and doing stupid stuff with them. iWaver is better value, but Kyosho is far superior quality.

Get both 🙂

elusiver
      Participant

thanks all for the replies. especially kerosene. We’re mainly looking for something that’s cheap and that we can ‘bash’ around in. We’re not really lookin to be serious racers but just havin a bash around the work warehouse for pride and slabs(cartons/cases to those north of the border). The reason I asked about the parts is that I’m sure that things will break, and I just wanted to know how simple it would be to get spares. Obviously if you can use either iwaver or miniz parts you’ve got alot more options then if you just could use iwaver parts.

keep your opinions coming. 😀

el 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

if your racing for quantities of ale then get serious. encourage freinds to go the bog standard i-wavers and then go the full throttle and buy yoself a kyosho awd. trust me, garanteed free beer untill your buddies wise up and upgrade as well…

elusiver
      Participant
      z-beam wrote:
      if your racing for quantities of ale then get serious. encourage freinds to go the bog standard i-wavers and then go the full throttle and buy yoself a kyosho awd. trust me, garanteed free beer untill your buddies wise up and upgrade as well…

LOL!

nah.. i don’t play like that. Which is why i’ll prolly be buying 2 iwavers.. one to mod up and tinker with and one to keep as bog a possible for the races. It’s all about parity.. like the v8’s 😀

el 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

stock i-wavers it is then, but beleive me the racing is much funner with quality. less fiddling and more racing…

how many of you are considering getting started? if you all intend on keeping at a standard then keep the upgrades equal.

elusiver
      Participant

numbers gone up abit today.. up to 9 confirmed.. we’ll try to keep it equal.. spoke to stix today.. looks like it’s a goer.. fantasticle.. as for getting a miniz.. for the money spent.. i’d be iffy about driving it half pissed.. or all pissed.. but the iwavers are cheap.. BEEEERS!

el 🙂

p.s. i’m drunk now.. i’m sure i’ll read this tomorrow and think ‘what?!’

p.p.s no.. i’m not an acloholic.

kevsta
      Participant

I bought an iwaver 01 off stix today as a gift/present to someone else. He definitely makes you happy with all the freebies that he throws in to the sale. 🙂

stix
      Participant

Hey Kev,

Was meaning to ask you how you go with the RTR unit? Let me know if you have any issues. Have fun with it. Speak to you soon mate.

Kind Regards,
      Adrian

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.