Japan Kyosho Mini-Z Cup 2005 Video

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      ken_wyleung
      Participant

This is the video from Japan Yokohama Kyosho Mini-Z Cup MR-02 A Final.

http://rcmms.com.hk/uploads/video/yokohama_Afinal.wmv

All MR-02 are AD model with X-Speed motor and without power up modify.

Enjoy! 😀

z-beam
      Participant

i could understand who was winning untill the camera guy started to track on the non leading racers… then i noticed the second yellow/red car! they where both leading it by the end!

would love to see that in better quality video with a proper ending showing which racers one e.t.c.

demonajy
      Participant

Cheers Ken,
      I Like your video link posts, its good to see some racing vids.:)

TallduDe
      Participant

nice track if only we had one place in oz which had a track like that!

those guys do have skill i couldnt go that fast straight up but im sure if i had enuff prctice i could :smiley16:

z-beam
      Participant
      Quote:

those guys do have skill i couldnt go that fast straight up but im sure if i had enuff prctice i could :smiley16:

practice? what have you guys been doing each sunday when you meet up? daves track would be great practice, i only got a small taste of competitive mini-z racing that day but ive been hankering for it since…

why dont you guys in sydney set some guidelines up for the next meet so you can all focus on your driving rather than worrying about how fast you can go? your sure to have a great time if you put the effort in! what do you reckon dave?

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:

Where are you TallduDe?

If you are in Melbourne, you are welcome to race with us.
      If you are in Sydeny, I know there have some race meeting for you.

By the way, the track for Kyosho Cup is “Mini-Z GrandPrix Circuit 50 (4m x 6m 84000yen) or 30 (2.4m x 3.6m 47250yen)”. It is not too much for a club.

addition information: Mini-Z MR-02 ready set 17800yen
      😀

TallduDe
      Participant

im in sydney and yeah i know we can race in sydney but they have a level of professionalism with a carpet track which is indoors and drivers stand!

yeah i know i could get a carpet track but i aint got a venue which is big enuff to hold that sucker.

z-beam
      Participant

indeed the netball courts and daves track compared to that one are a world apart, but at least you guys have a track!

ken, do you know of any clubs in brisbane that race mini-z?

peteWah
      Participant

Im going to have a look today for Track venues i keep hearing about in sydney, And to find more Z racers:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

practice? what have you guys been doing each sunday when you meet up? daves track would be great practice, i only got a small taste of competitive mini-z racing that day but ive been hankering for it since…

why dont you guys in sydney set some guidelines up for the next meet so you can all focus on your driving rather than worrying about how fast you can go? your sure to have a great time if you put the effort in! what do you reckon dave?

now i know what Pete’s talking about… yeah, i agree z-beam. I’ve said for a while now that having a z that can do xxkph is all well and good, but no use on a track… we could get a couple of classes together, ie. stock motor and 7 tooth, no internal mods but minor chassis mods, ie; bearings, ball diff. Second class could see all mods, except internal, on chassis. Cant do much ore than that, no-ones gonna want to set up one z for different race specs if there’s three or more classes.(not all of our group have 4+ Z’s!!!) ken; i looked into the Kyosho and also RCP track systems, both were pretty pricey (once you include the killer postage; weighty stuff carpet is…:smiley2:), plus, as TD mentions, there’s really no-where to store it.

z-beam
      Participant

dave, thasts the stuff! get your guys together for some serious racing… after getting it down you could then as a group go down to compete with these other clubs in sydney and show em up!

as far as classes goes, work out what everyone has as a minimum requirement so no-ones left out and go from there.

so long as its stock internally and everyone has an x-speed then the extra bits are up to the racer… any pinion that comes with the ready set should be allowed as some racers might prefer to have a bit more acceleration rather than top speed. if i remember correctly your track only has the one big streight so a mixture of pinions could make it interesting…

dgs73
      Participant

true, true… was talking with Pete about this earlier. He prefers the idea of everyone having the exact same set up, pinion and all. Would make for some interesting racing, as only driver ability will decide the outcome… at this point im thinking stock motor and pinion, and 8 or 9 tooth with an X speed

z-beam
      Participant

i can see the 7 tooth rule being very positive now i think about it more, especially when things are getting started…

but, if you are limiting pinions what about batteries? batteries i reckon should be free reign (so long as its still 4x aaa’s) as it is up to the racer to create strategies based on power e.t.c. there wont be any weight difference like real racing but if you are going to have say 5 races (of a set number of laps)of class “a” changing batts for each race could give you an advantage… so maybe 2 sets of batteries (or one change of batts) for each class could make this work out better…

also if a wheel falls of or any other brakedown occurs would you let the owner have untill the start of the next race to do the repairs?

they would obviously forfeit that race…

peteWah
      Participant

Sounds good

I would say Yellow flag it and restart the race with the Poor person with the wheel loss to the back of the pack and start of again as a snake with the head car starting the race again after passing the start/finish

I watch to much oval racing:D:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

im all for a controlled class it would be nice.

no big turbos no big pinons would be good.

but i would have to say at least bearings and shocks could be used.

then there could be an open class where anything goes.

thats my 2cents worth for that.

but dave was right those carpet tracks are hellar expensive to ship over unless we could find a way to send it on a ship maybe as frieght????

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      im all for a controlled class it would be nice.

no big turbos no big pinons would be good.

but i would have to say at least bearings and shocks could be used.

then there could be an open class where anything goes.

thats my 2cents worth for that.

but dave was right those carpet tracks are hellar expensive to ship over unless we could find a way to send it on a ship maybe as frieght????

I think that bunnings outdoor carpet (the blue stuff) looks like ozite carpet.

z-beam
      Participant

with daves barriers all you need is a nice large roll of really low pile office synthetic carpet… the hard wearing stuff thats grippy…

TallduDe
      Participant

any ideas what that would be worth?

z-beam
      Participant

heres a suggestion, go to a carpet warehouse first to have a look at what they have first. find a suitable type of surface and get them to give you a price and the details of exactly what type of carpet its called within the industry…

take the quote with you and go home and phone up every other carpet supplier you can find in the phone book untill you get the best price you can. they will try and undercut each other so you should be able to knock off at least 25% off the first price you get.

there might even be a type of rubber underlay that is suitable for racing on and that stuff is usually half the price of carpet…

TallduDe
      Participant

true all we would need is that rubber stuff….

i think there is a carpet place new me ill check.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

We are using racing carpet from Hong Kong in our indoor track, it is very good; but I think Kyosho Mini-Z GrandPrix Circuit is much easy to keep, manage and longer life (can be wash). After that carpet get old, I may change to the Kyosho.:D

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 18 March 2005 00:55:24

Keymaster

My thoughts – Have a “controlled class” modelled on the entry level 1/10 rules. ie

Stock type motor (x-xpeed/PN Speedy/PN S05?)
      No electronic changes
      Fixed Pinion size (one of the stock issue Kyosho sizes)
      Mounts and alloy bits not restricted
      H-Plates only – no O-Plates

If you guys can cook up an off-the shelf formula for building the cars I’ll work out a bundle in the shop for the class. So it’d be a case of bring your readyset, then buy the “race pack” and get all the bits to be legal….

I can see a few holes in the rules – internal FET mods…. Even running a single 7317 will be better than stock FETs…… Motors… PN armature in a x-speed case etc.

Overall I think the rules shoudl be fairly loose beucase not everyone wants to tie up a car to suit the rules, which is why I suggest leave it at motor and pinion controlled. (and electronics within reason – ie iWaver PRO FETs, single FET replacement but no stacking or externals)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

if the Xspeed, pnSO5 and speedy all had the same speed then that’d be fair… prolly easier to all use X speeds as every man and his dog has one. Alloy would have to be restricted due to cars carrying extra weight; two cars with the same set up but one with alloy, the other with stock… i know which’d be faster… Maybe rims only? No fets or nellies would be the go. Limit to a set motor and pinion and we’re right as rain

Keymaster

Sorry – I did mean one of that list of motors…. Suggesting alternatives becuase the Kyosho X-Speeds can be stupidly priced.

As for Alloy – I feel it should be open, some suspension mods (O-Plates, Disc dampers etc) should not be allowed (on cost and complexity) – but the rest are OK.

Either that or define a Strict set of parts down to the brand names? I can assure everyone that an top of the line PN or GPM Diff ain’t the same as an iWaver one 😉

A.

I’m trying to the think of keeping the mods to the lower cost off-the-shelf gear that people won’t try using ‘cheater’ parts.

The ultra-light-weight diffs, the super trick hollow kingpins, internally lightened bodies and chassis. Perhaps I think around the spirit of the rules a bit too much?

I believe the rules need to prevent the ‘drag race’ on a straight and encourage good driving and car-setup for the advantage in the race. This comes down to choice of parts (car weight) and their settings (Spring rates)…

If there’s anyone with the Speed-checker the cars shoudl be run on it at the start of each race to verify they’re capable of approx same motor speeds. Then the rest is the package….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Thanks for the imput Aaron, z-beam, Ken

Im sure many of these idears will be put into practice:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i agree with those rules plus before a race there should be some checks.

and if someone wins by alot or somehow has an advantage they get pulled up after the race to double check.

plus by limiting some mods cost goes down.

mini z’s are still popular i saw iwavers at my LHS but they were 100 bucks a pop.

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah i agree with those rules plus before a race there should be some checks.

and if someone wins by alot or somehow has an advantage they get pulled up after the race to double check.

plus by limiting some mods cost goes down.

mini z’s are still popular i saw iwavers at my LHS but they were 100 bucks a pop.

Maybe a set of scales would be good :):smiley2::question:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

How about follow the PN Mini-Z World Cup and Kyosho Mini-Z Cup racing rules or some 1:10 club racing rules. It can be make it easy.

For us, we have stock class and modify class for Mini-Z racer MR-02 (RM and MM).
      All class have to use 4 AAA batteries. Any upgrade and gear ratio is allowed.
      Stock class: no power-up modify and unlimit motor. (like the stock in 1:10, 27t only, any band is fine)
      Modify class: unlimit modify. (do anything they want)

So our racers can easy to follow and more fun.
      😀

But must important thing is how many people in the race. Only one or two people in a class is not a good idea.:smiley2:

By the way, power-up modify is very easy to see from the speed.:blush: And sometime the fastest car may not have the fastest result.

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 19 March 2005 03:32:50

TallduDe
      Participant
      Quote:
      How about follow the PN Mini-Z World Cup and Kyosho Mini-Z Cup racing rules or some 1:10 club racing rules. It can be make it easy.

For us, we have stock class and modify class for Mini-Z racer MR-02 (RM and MM).
      All class have to use 4 AAA batteries. Any upgrade and gear ratio is allowed.
      Stock class: no power-up modify and unlimit motor. (like the stock in 1:10, 27t only, any band is fine)
      Modify class: unlimit modify. (do anything they want)

Yeah i agree with following 1/10th type rules would make it easier.

but i would make a stock motor fixed pinon class this would ensure close racing. there are varies fixed class races for 1/10th and there racing is always close for example 540’s. plus it would cheep as chips would also cater for novice type drivers who want to step up.

but all this talk is just talk i suppose, i need to purchase another MR02 :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

do you guys think mr-01’s and 02’s couldnt compete?

and there will definatly be differences between stock cars with identicle set ups on the speed checker i reckon.

alloy should be unrestricted guys, it adds strength but is heavier so where the advantage in using it? for me i prefer more weight to help the car “roll” on after i stop accelerating through corners.

so long as the set of guidlines are simple and easy enough to patrol and enforce you should have a great time!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I think first of all is how many people will going to race?

For example, 7 people with 6 classes of car, what can we do? Like the 1:10, sometime we can see the F1, Mini and 540 Pro race togother.

So, I think most important is get more people to start racing with their Mini-Z (include i-waver) and then setup the rules.:D

It is what I am doing.:) And I am happy to hear you guys interest about the Mini-Z racing and rules.

And I think one day it has Mini-Z Cup race in Australia!:D

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 19 March 2005 20:13:29

z-beam
      Participant

hey ken, do you know of any racing clubs in brisbane that race mini-z?

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      hey ken, do you know of any racing clubs in brisbane that race mini-z?

I saw one web-page form Brisbane Mini-Z race, but it is gone.
      http://members.optushome.com.au/mini-z/index.htm

How about make a new topic to connect the Mini-Z players in Brisbane or Queensland.
      And try to contect with the 1:10 race club in Brisbane. This is the 1:10 race club I find it in “Racing Line” http://www.qmdra.org.au. There may have some people own their Mini-Z and also looking for place to play. Good Luck and never give-up!

I was searched form 1:10 race club, hobby shop (sale Mini-Z) and “Racing Line” to find the Mini-Z club. It was took 2 months.
      😀

TallduDe
      Participant

i just found this track looks nice.

but your right ken make the rules simply and that way more peeps will come for racing.

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      i just found this track looks nice.

but your right ken make the rules simply and that way more peeps will come for racing.

It is a nice track, do you know where is it?

peteWah
      Participant

So cool that track is,
      It has up’s and downs which would make it a good test…

I WANT ONE

TD; I wonder what your next track project will be:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

I got that pic from this website

http://www.crt-remote.com/en/frames.htm

looks interesting i must admit.

that track kinda reminds me of my track with an up hill section. wish it was here in Oz 🙁

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.