joystick mod

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey guys..

was wondering if anyone has seen the joystick like doovies about in melbourne to put on the controller for the joystick mod as seen on questformadness.com?

are these something you can find in a regular hobby shop?

GT-ahh
      Participant

i found that often computer cables have long screw type things that you can use for joysticks, the best ones ive found came with a shell for a db25 computer connector from dicksmiths, only costs a couple of bucks…

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 28October2002

i found that often computer cables have long screw type things that you can use for joysticks, the best ones ive found came with a shell for a db25 computer connector from dicksmiths, only costs a couple of bucks…

Cheers! Thats a wicked idea :smiley2: Don’t they even have a screw type bottom to them so you could easily affix them to the buttons.

PandaBear
      Participant

Hmm… what if one junked the big plastic buttons & the microswitches and replaced them with bigger toggle switches – 1 for each 2 microswitches… :smiley5:wonder what DSE has in stock.

Admin
      Participant

Well why dont you go the whole hog and buy mini proportional joysticks, andmake a 555 based pulse width modulator? Then you’re bit would have proportional control.

Admin
      Participant

hrmm, looked at some db25 style ones I had at home last night but they looked a bit long. might try and find some shorter ones.

need a proper sized drill bit first anyway. did you have any trouble getting them in?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.