just a little intro

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Priest
      Participant

heya everyone just finally finished my iwaver Gtr hope you guys like it not sure how to put images here so go take a look at my gallery

Edited by – Priest on 19 November 2004 05:15:27

CoSmO
      Participant

nice…

bithed
      Participant

…Priest…VERY well done…I like the post for your spoiler…can you get closeups of that? The colour is good too…looks very…’australian’ 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

welcome to the forums… that is one nice GTR!! Where abouts in Australia are you?

MiniKing
      Participant

Very nice GTR dude….:D:D

merc-blue
      Participant

nice car man.. looks plenty prett but whats under there? stock?.. if so i think u should leave while u still have ur money and sanity :smiley2:… *joke*

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Welcome to ausmicro.com priest!

Thats a very nice GT-R dude!

BUT, what you running under there? If you want performance mods, you have come to the right forum.

z-beam
      Participant

welcome priest! those extra details are real nice are they custom or did you find them in other model kits? nice job man!

Priest
      Participant

thanks for the input guys ive added a couple more pics.im living in perth a long ways from most of you guys i thort i would come on show you the GrunTeR. sorry about the pics i only got an old webcam.completely custom vents and the post for the tail i made out of old alluminium sheet and an old tamiya supra tail
      under bonnet mods so Far
      Topcad alloy motor mount (Crap)
      GPM carbon H plates(good)
      Topcad shocky(OK)
      GPM alloy knuckles (good)
      GPM alloy servo gears 1 thru 3 (loose as hell)
      Topcad alloy tie rod (crap)
      custom underbelly heat sink (Great) 🙂
      GPM 8degree tires (sticky)
      12 tooth pinion

all i need now is a nelly and a resonable motor

Edited by – Priest on 19 November 2004 18:33:29

betty.k
      Participant

can i get an amen!!:shock:praise jeeezers:8ball:

bithed
      Participant

…dood you want i can pull one of the pictures off your album and load it into the thread for you 🙂

Priest
      Participant

please that would be great

betty.k
      Participant

these pics belong to priest:8ball:

5FC15D435FB671EE.jpg
      5FB671FA5FB671EB.jpg
      5D51C2325D45F29A.jpg
      5D4C712C5D45F297.jpg
      5D4AFCAD5D45F296.jpg
      5D45F2935D45F294.jpg

Priest
      Participant

thanks for that betty i muchly appriciate it btw it was your yellow gtr that started this mod off i wasnt to fussed on the stickers sorry though the colour and meshing the front venting started me thinking what else can i do and well here is the GrunTeR

bithed
      Participant

…thanks betty…the powers that be just reset my pc and i cant open any links 🙁 back to grovelling again…brb…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Wow a full alloy steering setup, be careful with that, just ask betty.k, it’s not quite as indestructable as he though :p.

That wing is AWESOME, great work!

If you want obscene power and speeds of over 60km/h, visit http://www.woahnelly.com, and then you can pretty much use any motor you want, safely.

betty.k
      Participant

well you certainly took it up a notch! great job.
      jamie’s right, i even managed to break alloy servo gears with a full alloy front end!:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 19 November 2004 21:30:03

Priest
      Participant

yeah im not happy about the servo gears there is at least a 4mm play in it that make straight runs at stock high speed a little tricky so back to the drawing board on that one. btw does any one know when the 02/03/04 iwavers come out??? sorta sick of waiting might just bite the bullet and just buy a kyosho MR02 but the look of the new iwaver transmitters are keeping me patient.can you guys give me any suggestions to a decent motor to run with a nelly 1.2 i know you guys say any will work though im still a Zvirgin here so me looking at the different motors tell me bugger all though i am considering the atomic t2 at rcmart just by the share rpm of it 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

i use and recommend the pn racing s03. monster torque and nice speed:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

If you do away with the 2 & 3 alloy gears and replace them with delrin ones it should take away some play, also check the play between the alloy tie rod and 1st servo gear.

mocky
      Participant

all i can say is, where do i get that wing! awesome piece of custom body work i mite add.

kitsune
      Participant

I’m running a motor based on what I overheard ph2t say he was running, I’m very happy with it considering that it’s not custom made, tho I am thinking of modding it more, I so need to pull a finger out and either build a nelly like turbo, or buy one from ph2t just to save time.

Anyways the motor –

Tamiya Plasma Dash – because it has a large heat tolerant com, this means that it will last longer (the standard ones can’t handle as much heat), and the brushes will be able to transfer the power more efficiently.
      The down side with the Plasma Dash is that it uses bushings instead of bearings, most motors do to keep costs down, so take the armature and magnets from the plasma dash and put them into a ball bearing can to reduce the friction = even more efficiency,

So far a very easy mod add some 104 caps (to reduce rf noise and protect the pcb by absorbing/reducing/smoothing spikes) an we’re good to go,

If you want more torque and are willing to sacrifice some top speed you can replace the plasma dash magnets with neo magnets.

I’m currently trying to break in some custom made brushes made from 1:10 brushes operating on the theory more surface area will = less electrical resistance = faster, though more surface area may also mean more friction = slower, I’ll let you all know once I’ve run it in and been able to test it. (the brushes are about 3x larger 🙂
      the larger brushes do seem to produce less arcing and hopefully will mean a longer brush life.

the other thing you can do is re-wind motors, (remove the wire and replace it with thicker/thiner wire, use multiple strands, pattern wind it, change the number of turns it has etc.

I don’t know how the bb-plasma compares to the pn s03, betty k any info on how they compare?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Errr kitsune wtf?

All you need to do is buy a pair of motor bearings and install them in a plasma can…simple.

And also, the other benefit of the plasma dash commutator is that it’s 2mm in diameter bigger than a stock type, which means it can handle much more current than a crappy normal one.

Neos are both loved and hated, they drop 25% off the motor RPM but give a huge torque boost.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

oh and kitsune, with the brushes dont make them taller or you will run into problems like short circuiting, make them much wider instead.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.