Just bought AutoMod – bad motor :(

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all

I just bought an Automodellistakit off the US> Ebay from a seller in Hong Kong (“rl0725”). For about $70 or soAUS including express postage, and it arrived in 3 days 🙂

The problem is, I think i have a dud motor. it CRAWLS along with the boost button off, it hardly moves at all. With boost on it is ok, but not very fast. have heard on The Admiral’s forums that a lot of Auto Mod kits have dud 2.2s in them.

Any ideas/suggestions? Think it’s possible to get a new one off Tomy, or isit just bad luck?

I have also read about aftermarket motors being the way to go.. anyone know where to get them?

thanks

Stefan

Admin
      Participant

yeah with the boost sets they go a lot lot slower than they would normal they go normal speed with the boost button

in other words they make it look like booost except its only normal speed when its not on boost its not running the motor at max speed

Admin
      Participant

I know all that.

What i am saying is that it *hardly moves at all* unless the boost button is on, so somehting is definetly wrong. They are supposed to go just a bit faster than a 1.0 when off boost.

BTW I have heard from a few places that a 2.2 in a boost-up chassis actually goes more like a 2.6… dunno why.

Admin
      Participant

CHar-geer not entirely right.

a boost car when off boost should go at about 5/8 of normal speed at full boost the car should go a little it faster than a 2.2, like a 2.4-2.5 lets say.

if you have any other motors then just try those but if you have a problem then then just buy a new motor as it would cost the price of a new motor in postage and it would take at leats 2 weeks to get the new motor.

so basically just buy a new motor

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.