just got a race tin, need help :D~

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Weapon
      Participant

ok i just got my first, well actually 2 race tin car 😀 a blue skyline and a red supra. Anyways i need some help in modding these babies as there are not many sites out there on these so i just got a few questions to ask 😀

Anyways i ve heard about the relay mod so i went on the dse site and i see alot of different types or relays, which exactly is the best type to use?

I also read that these babies can get up to 90km/h, what would steering be like at this speed? also what is needed to be done to the car to reach this speed?

I see people adding extra batteries to their cars, how many exactly can u add before the pcb/motor blows?

I ve searched the net but the only place that seems to sell hop ups are tinracers.com but the price seems kinda expensive, are there any other sites out there that sells hop up parts? also are there any good sites with info about modding these things?

Well thats all for now, until i mod my car more questions will come :smiley16:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I heartily recommend the australian tinracers.com site, you can’t build your own relay set for the price they sell theres at (trust me i have tried).
      One of my friends ran a tin racer on 7 batteries for a bit, but it just sorta spins out and doesn’t do much. ended up dropping it back down to 4 in total, 2 stock 2 extra

Racer9
      Participant

A nine volt with tires inside out is what I ran for a while but the battery died!

Admin
      Participant

9volt batterys dont have the micro amps needed to drive the motor thats why they dont last long i have a supra aswell and have modified it extensivly it runs 2 stock AA batterys and 2 AAA batterys between the front and rear wheels on both sides this lowers the vehicles center of gravity so it handles better as for your steering you widden the front wheel base with and it should handel ok i dont think they go quite 90kph but they go FN quick for a 10cm car

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

you run different sized (and therefore capacity) batteries, hows that workin out?

peedee
      Participant

wats the url for australian tin cars i cant seem to locate the site

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Man, they either have, or are just about to close down, sadly…
      http://www.minirczone.net/

peedee
      Participant

thx pork hunt

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Tell Cameron, Bill sent ya!

mocky
      Participant

cameron is long gone,his business email is gone,ive got his other one, offered me $80 for all he had left, few motors,relays,and 8set of wheels,think he threw them out .

kitsune
      Participant

From what I’ve seen the 90km/h figures come from people running the cars on dynos, they don’t give an accurate measurement as traction, weight, acceleration, wind resistance ;p don’t have any impact on the speed of a stationary car.

if you want to use your own relays you need to make sure that they will work with the power you are providing, I’m finding 3V relays almost impossible to get easily (without ordering ones from suppliers like tinracers) and expensive.

I’m running 2x AA and 2x AAA and it’s working well for me, USE NI-MH BATTERIES, the highter the mAh the better, Ni-MH batteries porvide more power at once than standard batteries,

I’m looking at rebuilding the PCB using 4Amp Transistors so I can push more current through without using relays.

if there are specific mods you’d like to know about just ask, If I can I’ll let you know what to do (I’m mainly working on geting more from the electronics side of the package (cheaply)) and I’m sure the other guys will be eager to help too, try to ask specific questions, that way you’ll get concise answers.

I’ll be posting more cheapo mods as I get the time, including getting 4 functions from that turbo button you never knew you had 🙂 adding on a turbo boost (without using relays)
      Adding extra batteries (like bored tech and myself do) underglow, indicators headlights etc.

Racer9
      Participant

With the nine volt it overheated the battery in about 30 secs. From then on it didn’t work worth crap. I wonder if the motor fried?

kitsune
      Participant

Are you pushing the power from the 9 volt through the PCB or through relays? you could try pulling the motor apart if you think that’s the prob and checking the soldering, I’ve heard that that has a tendency to melt if too much power is put through it. resoldering may get it to work again.

Admin
      Participant

Just found a great site to download Race-Tin info from. Their mod guides are GREAT! Full color, close-up step-by-step stuff.:D

Admin
      Participant

OK… here’s the URL: http://www.tinracers.co.za. Yes, the US and Ausie sites have shut down, but this one’s happening!

merc-blue
      Participant

hmm gee not a shameless plug for ur site AT ALL

icebreaka
      Participant

Lol.. their mod kits dont even have relays.. it just suspension, wheel, motor upgrades :dead:

Admin
      Participant

OHHH MY GOD!!!

you guys know race tin s!

A couple years back me and mt cousins used to mod our race tins and meet up to race like every week! Damn thay were so funbig.gif

but we never got ours going 90k’s, they were going like 40-60kmph!

but thats still pretty damn fast.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.