Just made a carbon fiber hood and scoop

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Evilevo
      Participant

I just made a carbon fiber hood tonight outta black electrical tape! i tried painting it black before on my accord wagon but the paint got all wacked….so i i decided to use the tape and it turned out perfect! Heres how i did it: i cut a piece of black tape about the size of the hood, pressed against the hood and did it until the hood outlines showed up. I took a knife and traced it so it would be on the ytape when i take it off. After that i cut the outlines on the tape by the knife and put it on my hood, and then viola! a solid carbon fiber looking hood! the hood scoop i cut a plastic cup shape out of a notecard. colored it black, then folded the sides so their straight and put electrical tape under that and super glued it on!

VR-4
      Participant

thats the way i did it cheep and it looks good. a company called model master makes a cf sticker that is about to scale for around $8.99 usd.

you can also use a alu. can to make hood scoop its a little harder cuz you gotta watch your self so you dont slice your fingers.

barto_85
      Participant

got any pics evilevo? I’d like to see it.

Evilevo
      Participant

barto, i just gotta get batteries for my digi camera right now, but ill have them posted asap.

VR-4
      Participant

evil whare in the usa did you get a blue psb plate?

KingRX7
      Participant

u can get those off the clones from malls thats where i got mine

VR-4
      Participant

i saw some clones at the gas station so im gonna pick 1 up

Evilevo
      Participant
      KingRX7
      Participant

That looks pretty cool i think im gonna try it out hehe.

Evilevo
      Participant

bodies with the air dams in the hood might be harder though just let ya know, but the ones with no dams are easier, i tried it on the 350z since it was a smooth hood…

KingRX7
      Participant

My idea for a hood scoop would be just to shove my exacto knive in there and then bend it up a little bit i dunno if that would work.

Evilevo
      Participant

i dont really think so….:D

barto_85
      Participant

it looks good man, thanks for the pics. I like the spoiler too, did you make that?

Evilevo
      Participant

barto the spoiler i apparently cut off a hotwheels car called “super tsunami” it can match really with any car

barto_85
      Participant

cool, it looks good.

Prowler3
      Participant

i got that super sunami but i aint gonna cut it up!

Evilevo
      Participant

I just took of the wing part, but had 2 stems stikin out, but i cut that off and it looks pefectly normal.

VR-4
      Participant

you can make a hood scoop by sticking a hot soldering iron from under the hood and heating the plastic then just puch a scoop out then just sand it smooth and paint it and cut a intake if you want

KingRX7
      Participant

that was my idea kind of only with a exacto knive instead of a soldering iron i think ill try it with my plastic cutting soldering gun head

jazza_1984
      Participant

good idea vr-4, i might give it a go on my BB 😀

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.